Advice needed in training program.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigdigger92

Ayup guys and girls.

It's been many moons since I sat on the saddle and I'm looking to see if any body has come across any training programs to make the most out of training?

For example, for running you have couch to 5k, is there anything like that for cycling?

Just as a side note I'm very goal orientated, and struggle to get the motivated, if I haven't got a goal or some form of training program to aid.

Regards
Jack

CXRAndy

Guru
Pick a local sportive that takes your fancy, Use the likes of trainer road or Zwifts training section. Start steady for a couple of weeks progressively adding time and a little intensity. Remember to have an easier week after 3 hard weeks once you get going.

I stopped cycling for a year or so, got an ebike to ride locally, ease my legs into the efforts. This lead me back onto Zwift, where I been riding pretty regularly since 3 times a week. Thats was over 2 years ago.

Doing my first outdoor road sportive in 5 years next month 100miler.

So I do a long weekend Zwift event for upto 3 hours and shorter mid week events

stephec

Legendary Member
Ayup guys and girls.

It's been many moons since I sat on the saddle and I'm looking to see if any body has come across any training programs to make the most out of training?

For example, for running you have couch to 5k, is there anything like that for cycling?

Just as a side note I'm very goal orientated, and struggle to get the motivated, if I haven't got a goal or some form of training program to aid.

Regards
Jack

Is there any specific reason that you want to get back on the bike again?

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
What's your starting position? You mention it's been a while since you cycled, but how's your general fitness? What equipment have you got already?

You can very easily set yourself goals in cycling - one good and simple example would be what @Norry1 does on his blog:

ftp-and-weight-graph-april-2023_orig.jpg

Top Bottom