Advice Needed on a Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
chrisb1357 said:
Can anyone tell me if a Specialized AirForce2 Mini Pump will be any good for the new hybrid bike and to get it upto 100PSI as i have just found that in my roof packed away

Chris

I expect...

hang on. Hello!:laugh: Congrats on the job.

Anyway, I expect you'll get a decent enough pressure out of it. 100 PSI is very high, and if you can't get quite up to that, it won't hurt - yes, it's best to have tyres nice and hard, but you'll get away with less. Once you can, invest in a track pump with a gauge - it needn't be too expensive, or get a 'morph' type, that are very portable but have a fold out footstep to work like a mini trackpump.

And don't worry about special clothes. I commute 3 miles each way one day a week (the other days it's half that), and I do it in jeans, trainers, t-shirt and fleece top with a waterproof jacket. As suggested, take the last bit gently, and you'll cool down.

I doubt you'll get anything for a used helmet - and you'd be best advised not to buy one second hand. Any damage or crack weakens it, and might not be visible, and in any case, the polystyrene can degrade over time.

The good thing about cycling is, it's quite possible to do it on a very very small budget - I've been there. But watch out - once you do have money coming in, there's so much to spend it on!:smile:

Enjoy it. 3 miles each way is a nice distance - not too hard, but enough to wake you up in the morning and wind you down in the evening, and you don't have to go at a mad pace. With the summer coming, you may well find yourself adding in extra little loops on a fine evening...

OP
OP
C

chrisb1357

Über Member
Well its here. New bike turned up this morning all built etc, lights fitted and tyres pump up and feel rock solid. Only down fall is no mudguards fitted and no ££ to buy any at the minute

Chris

OP
OP
C

chrisb1357

Über Member
Can anyone advice me the best way to ajust the seat height etc or how should i be sitting on the bike. Is there a right and wrong riding postion

Chris

OP
OP
C

chrisb1357

Über Member
Just an update after 2 weeks into my cycyling to work each day.

Been very good. Managed a time of around 20min now down from 30min on the first day to get home which is good.

Up hill in the morning is still being a bit tricky but getting there ok.

And dam lorry's i hate them LOL

Chris

Top Bottom