Advice needed please on N+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
Can't see the strength or lack thereof of the pound playing much of a part in that. Supply and demand probably more so. Still, well done for getting the deal, everyone likes a deal.
It's all too do with the pound. The bike itself went up £400 overnight! Lol

Slick

Guru
The pound against what exactly. A new car wouldn't go up that much overnight.

huwsparky

Über Member
The pound against what exactly. A new car wouldn't go up that much overnight.
The Euro. Think of the bike being for sale in Euro. When you take sterling(at any given time) and convert it to Euro, that's what you pay. When I bought my Rose I could buy €1.43 ish euro for my pound. Don't know what it is now but it's a long way off that. Had to buy Euro's a couple of months ago and it was around €1.07 to the pound.

Rose bikes prices change pretty regularly.

huwsparky

Über Member
I know they changed prices 3 times between October 2015 and early march 2016. Maybe now they are at a point where they are willing to take the hit as it's having a big impact on UK sales.

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
I just wish Rose would get their bikes out to the cycling media to review, seems counter productive to sell expensive bikes and then leave the customers having to take a punt on them at the customers expense. The only reviews I can find are from German forums or from people who have not ridden the bike at all and just viewed it, my current Rose the DX Pro 3000 was spec'd great for the price but the frame is poor in terms of power transfer.

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
@Leodis - Have you been in contact with Fin from Rose UK in Wiltshire? If they've got one you'll be able to ride it.

No not Fin, I contacted Udo and someone else but I got a pretty standard reply. I might give him a shout but I live in Yorkshire and so testing the bike is out of the question for me. Just seems odd that they are not beating a drum about their bikes in the media and getting test reports.

@Leodis they are going to be at the London Bike Show in Feb

http://www.thelondonbikeshow.co.uk/stands

Maybe this Finlay chap can provide a discounted ticket

@vickster I don't go further south than Sheffield lol. I really need to get a summer bike ordered in the next few weeks.

I'll email Finlay about my concerns on the wheelset, frame quality and a couple of other things. The Canyon looks great though.

Thanks for your help guys.

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
I'd love a Condor but the mid range one doesn't appeal to me.

I have though found something from Epic cycles, Orbea Orca M10-Team Disc they have an offer with Mavic Ksyrium Pro Disc wheel set which is a good deal but I just cant seem them on the bike looking right, i have emailed them asking for a price on another set of Fulcrum carbons.

I bet i end up with the bloody Rose at this rate...

Top Bottom