Advice needed.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PsychoRider

Über Member
:sad::sad:I bought a bike and set of pedals off the net recently,the company looked and probably is a reputable shop(at the moment i won't be mentioning the shop),the picture shown didn't fully match the spec list,mainly the rims shown were of an 'aero' type but the rims that arrived were what i would call normal rims but listed on the spec sheet,anyway after complaining and saying it was false advertising i decided to accept the wheels... i just couldn't be bothered with sending it back. So i have the bike but no pedals,it took nearly 3weeks later for pedals to come whilst the bike collected dust screaming to be ridden,after lots of phone calls by myself they eventually arrive,excitedly fit them and off i go for a test ride of 10miles only changing the front gear once ,when i went to change it again the Shimano Tiagra lever did nothing,i got home, investigated,did all the checks,took it to local bike shop they confirmed my fear. Back on the phone,complaints,we'll phone you back,did they....no...i phone again....its been posted.....did it arrive.....NO......more phone calls...sorry nothing registered can i take your details or wrong department:angry::angry::angry:still nothing.....more calls at my expense now i been told its a common problem with the Shimano Tiagra lever and others are in the same boat...its now 4months and i'm riding with only the big ring at the front in the High Peak if any one knows the area they will know how limited my rides are without driving or catching a train...
IS THIS A FOB OFF or have others experienced with this particular lever????.........Any advice on how i can gee them up,friends have said Citizens Advice,Solicitors or even my credit card company, its the first time i bought off the internet and its my last time,stuff the good deals!!:sad::sad::sad::sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not a shop in Northwich is it ?

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
fossyant said:
It's not a shop in Northwich is it ?
No,its not mentioned in the address...... i don't want to mention the shop/site in case i go to citizens advice or solicitors and they say not to get into a slagging off situation,if they say otherwise i will post it here coz i am fuming, i paid what i consider a lot of money, i've given them the benefit of the doubt for long enough.:angry::angry:

longers

Legendary Member
PsychoRider said:
if any one knows the area they will know how limited my rides are without driving or catching a train...

I can't advise you on your problem but I do know the area.

You are definitely limited :angry:.

Is it a double? Can you put it on the smaller ring? Been riding round there with 8 gears myself since before Christmas.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't understand, are they replacing the lever or what? I'd be down at the shop with the bike and demand they either fix it pronto or give me my money back. 4 months!!!!!! FFS get angrier!

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
longers said:
I can't advise you on your problem but I do know the area.

You are definitely limited :angry:.

Is it a double? Can you put it on the smaller ring? Been riding round there with 8 gears myself since before Christmas.
I did have it on the small ring but i was spinning my nuts off and bouncing on the seat lmao looking like a right muppet so put it on the big ring for the speed on the flats,at the moment i can't quite climb the Snake Pass only get halfway before i need to drop down the other gears then turn around for the downhill lol, good training though has come out of it, once it gets sorted i'll be flying up the Pass.

I saw something you mentioned about Strines but found no more info....is that Strines New Mills or the Strines off the Snake Pass?

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
rich p said:
I don't understand, are they replacing the lever or what? I'd be down at the shop with the bike and demand they either fix it pronto or give me my money back. 4 months!!!!!! FFS get angrier!
They have said they'll replace it,but saying the usual shop crap which to me is a fob off,the shop is about 400miles or more round trip hence never buying off the net again or if i do it'll be within a 50 mile radius

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Strines - Snake Pass - i.e. near Ladybower.. Don't try climbing on the big ring -if you are, you must have quite big rear sprockets !!

Is is a company that has big adverts in Cycling Weekly - does lots of Etape models.......... because if it is, you are going to have one hell of a battle - customer service when things go wrong is carp.

longers

Legendary Member
PsychoRider said:
I saw something you mentioned about Strines but found no more info....is that Strines New Mills or the Strines off the Snake Pass?

The one off the Snake, only been round there once myself but going again with Dan Bo of this parish and anyone else who fancies it this sunday. More info here.

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
used to do a circuit around there, A628 woodhead,right at the Flouch Roundabout right on to strines follow the road for miles killer downhill,short steep climbs, stop at the pub, carry on to the A57Snake Pass and home to Glossop, think its about 40 odd miles........maybe if u climb the Pass i cud ride half the climb before i turn around to go back down as the legs turn to jelly ...lmao:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom