Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I had the same thing when I got a large cheque from the sale of my house. (I can't remember why the solicitor didn't do a direct bank transfer!) I had to show the covering letter to prove what the money was for.

I owed my sister a large amount of money and wanted to transfer that sum to her. I had to get written evidence from her of why I owed it to her and present that at the bank. That was a week after paying the solicitor's cheque in.

A couple of weeks later I received another cheque for several thousand pounds from another solicitor - an inheritance from a friend who had died a couple of months earlier. I got some really intense looks when I presented that cheque.

It was the same woman who dealt with me each time and she was definitely suspicious about the large sums of money suddenly moving through an account that had been almost dormant before that! :laugh:
I remember the past when you had an avatar with you in some shades, I can recall me saying you looked quite cool but I can also imagine you turning up at the bank in them and looking a bit shifty, especially if depositing large sums of money out of the blue.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I remember the past when you had an avatar with you in some shades, I can recall me saying you looked quite cool but I can also imagine you turning up at the bank in them and looking a bit shifty, especially if depositing large sums of money out of the blue.
This one taken when I was 50...***

colinj.jpg

Alas, no... I haven't looked like that for a LONG time! Even if I still DID, I'd take the shades off for important financial transactions... :laugh:

*** I got tired of people saying "Ooh, you don't look like a flabby old man in your forum picture" so I updated it to the current timeless action shot! :whistle:

Top Bottom