Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
Can you clarify what she say's at the exchange as I can hear you but not her?

It seems she does a classic gormless driver speed pass not anticipating the light change then cut up the cyclist as they cant jump the light..

The first video the peugeot driver does what is proper form, the twat in the pickup was just delibrately being an ass. Car is probably not roadworthy it's so old.

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Garz said:

It seems she does a classic gormless driver speed pass not anticipating the light change then cut up the cyclist as they cant jump the light..

The first video the peugeot driver does what is proper form, the twat in the pickup was just delibrately being an ass. Car is probably not roadworthy it's so old.

Rough translation of our northern accent :smile:
Her words: "Theres a cycle lane there", followed by "I was that much (gestures about a cm) from hitting that (pointing to traffic island)" and "its a bike lane thats what there for".

The whole ride in total was 40mins, with lots of cars including the peugot driver you picked up on driving fantastic. He had a US plate alongside his UK plate, probably for show but probably not legal too.

I dont think its put me off cycling in built up areas but its learning what to look / listen out for and how to best react. Watching it back Ive learnt that even though Im in primary I didnt use it to manouver correctly to make myself safe - instead I had a spurt of fury which may lead to a loss of control - so this is definatly something I need to work on. However since using primary when the situation dictates I have had much fewer close overtakes.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it.

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Garz said:

Rough translation of our northern accent :biggrin:
Her words: "Theres a cycle lane there", followed by "I was that much (gestures about a cm) from hitting that (pointing to traffic island)" and "its a bike lane thats what there for".

The whole ride in total was 40mins, with lots of cars including the peugot driver you picked up on driving fantastic. He had a US plate alongside his UK plate, probably for show but probably not legal too.

I dont think its put me off cycling in built up areas but its learning what to look / listen out for and how to best react. Watching it back Ive learnt that even though Im in primary I didnt use it to manouver correctly to make myself safe - instead I had a spurt of fury which may lead to a loss of control - so this is definatly something I need to work on. However since using primary when the situation dictates I have had much fewer close overtakes.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it.

gouldina

gaz said:
Nothing wrong in either case from my point of view.

First video:
your bound to get people overtaking to close, so it's best to always give your self enough room to your left to move over a little when this happens. This also helps if people cut back in to soon.

I have to say I don't agree with that. The pickup was ridiculously close. I'd have been furious about that.

gouldina

gaz said:

First video:
your bound to get people overtaking to close, so it's best to always give your self enough room to your left to move over a little when this happens. This also helps if people cut back in to soon.

I have to say I don't agree with that. The pickup was ridiculously close. I'd have been furious about that.

gouldina

gaz said:

First video:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
gouldina said:
you picked the wrong end of the stick, i was saying that the cyclist did nothing wrong.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
gouldina said:
you picked the wrong end of the stick, i was saying that the cyclist did nothing wrong.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
gouldina said:

jimboalee

Calm down dear...

If you're going to ride in 'Primary' when there's sod all traffic, some idiot is going to try to massage you nearer to the kerb.
Think about riding nearer the kerb so they have no reason to 'buzz' you.

If you don't use the cycle lane provided, expect to be cut up.

jimboalee

Calm down dear...

If you're going to ride in 'Primary' when there's sod all traffic, some idiot is going to try to massage you nearer to the kerb.

jimboalee

Calm down dear...

Top Bottom