Advice on selling on the forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kiwifruit

Über Member
Hi, am new to selling on the forum. A got 2 brooks saddle for sale and I want to put it on here. I know about putting attachment on to the post, I'm a bit confused what "PM" means? and how to recieve payment? Any advice would be appreciated.

Katherine

Guru
Hi, am new to selling on the forum. A got 2 brooks saddle for sale and I want to put it on here. I know about putting attachment on to the post, I'm a bit confused what "PM" means? and how to recieve payment? Any advice would be appreciated.
Pm means personal message using the inbox in the top right corner.
Not sure about payment.

vickster

Legendary Member
Bearing in mind if you accept PayPal as a seller, you'll be charged so be sure to add the fees to the selling price. Personally BT or cash on collection only for me. People get scammed using PayPal and despite payibg fees you are not being protected whatever they may claim

OP
OP
kiwifruit

kiwifruit

Über Member
Bearing in mind if you accept PayPal as a seller, you'll be charged so be sure to add the fees to the selling price. Personally BT or cash on collection only for me. People get scammed using PayPal and despite payibg fees you are not being protected whatever they may claim
Am a bit worried about giving my bank details

vickster

Legendary Member
Why? The worst someone can do is pay money in. You presumably give your bank details to numerous faceless organisations susceptible to data protection issues when you set up a direct debit or standing order :smile:

If concerned take the hit with PayPal but you have to give your bank details to them too if you ever want to withdraw the money

OP
OP
kiwifruit

kiwifruit

Über Member
Why? The worst someone can do is pay money in. You presumably give your bank details to numerous faceless organisations susceptible to data protection issues when you set up a direct debit or standing order :smile:

If concerned take the hit with PayPal but you have to give your bank details to them too if you ever want to withdraw the money
Thanks, I think I will do that. Your right about DD and standing orders.

U

User6179

I thought Paypal was free if you send money to a friend ?

winjim

Smash the cistern

When you open an account the bank gives you a hundred pieces of paper with that information on, and encourages you to hand them out to other people.

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought Paypal was free if you send money to a friend ?
Except you have no protection with PayPal gift if the item never shows up, as its for sending money to someone you know and not a stranger on the Internet. That's what 'full' fee PayPal is for, I.e. This situation. I think also with PayPal gift if you want to pay with a credit card rather than funds you may have in your account (of which I have none as I avoid PP if I can) you get charged

U

User6179

I think also with PayPal gift if you want to pay with a credit card rather than funds you may have in your account (of which I have none as I avoid PP if I can) you get charged

Fek , I never knew that , I must have paid a few charges thinking it was free as I never have funds in PP.

OP
OP
kiwifruit

kiwifruit

Über Member
How much would brooks finesse titanium saddle go for, has been used a few minor scratches other wise in excellent condition. Got a black and a tan.

Top Bottom