Advice Please....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roggy

Hi all,
Thanks for trying to help.

I'm looking for suggestions on the best / largest / most knowledgeable 'One-Stop Touring bike shop in Italy'
I'm flying in from Panama in about a month getting ready for a New Years tour of Southern Italy. I don't mind where the store(s) is located. If it's highly recommended with good quality kit I'll go there. High Quality camping stores in the same area would be a big plus.

Advice from those who have actually visited the store would be a tremendous help

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

contadino

Veteran
I'm from Puglia, and in my experience, buy online, either from wiggle Italia or wiggle francia or wiggle UK (both much cheaper even with shipping included) Bike shops are invariably dire - massively overpriced and terrible getting things fixed.

OP
OP
Roggy

Roggy

Thanks for your response and how surprising considering the love of cycling in Italy.
I've never been that keen on buying things online, especially when the fit and feel is so important.

I certainly appreciate your feedback. Molte grazie

contadino

Veteran
I know several local bike shops - I've built websites for a couple - and never seen a rack or panniers in any of them. Even the Decathlon 40km away doesn't have them in stock.

Italians like a very specific type of cycling and it isn't touring so consequently your will struggle to find a shop to supply you.

Top Bottom