Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I mix fitness to lose weight.
Cycling alone for me is not enough , although I do two hours daily for me I need to walk at a good pace and uphill a bit for any kind of weight loss.
I started with a mountain bike as doing treks and rough terrain gave me a good calorie burn especially as I live near the sea and would go along the sandy beach.
I love cycling , the buzz is like no other fitness I've done in the past , so good luck on your venture ..

OP
OP
P

Pedalpower01

Many many thanks for all your advice and help.
I've just become the proud owner of a giant ocr compact for 50 quid.

Needs a good clean and service but who can argue for 50 sovs.

Thanks again everyone much appreciated

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good news. Now stop drinking beer, cut your meal portions in half and give up sugar and sugary snacks. It helps me to clean my teeth after supper so that I'm not tempted to snack in the evenings. Oh and do a bit of walking on uneven surfaces because you don't want to train your leg muscles too cycling specific.

SirDickieBird

If you're just starting out and intend on hitting the hills you might find a 32 rear cassette handy. Will set you back a few quid but I got one and it's been a saviour on a few rides especially at the end of a long day. LBS that did mine also gave my new second-hand bike a once over and tightened a few bits and gave some advice as well.

SirDickieBird

Surely how much you lose depends on how much you cycle.
It'sthe best way I've ever found to shed the flab.
I've been going three months now with a couple of 10-15 midweek blasts and a longer 30-50 miler at weekends. Maintained weight but lost inches - I even fit into a shirt I bought in the sale but could never fit into before. Weight added to my legs but that seems to have slowed and now losing a few ounces too.

Top Bottom