Advice, please...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Does anyone know of a frame available off the peg with a fairly longish TopTube - short'ish head + seat tube/s (relatively) ?????????????

Not asking much I know but my last bike prior to snapping (after15yrs & thousands of miles :sad:) was pretty much like this and fit me like a glove :biggrin:

Now, the bike Ive got now is alu (i like the stiffness) quite high on the head tube - if it was lower then it'd be ok BUT its not: SOOOO any advice in any click-on'able direction :biggrin::?::sad::?::sad::biggrin::biggrin::sad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::?::biggrin:

what sort of riding are you going to be doing?

domtyler

Über Member
Have you thought of making your own frame? Shouldn't be too hard for a man of your calibre.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
yenrod said:
Does anyone know of a frame available off the peg with a fairly longish TopTube - short'ish head + seat tube/s (relatively) ?????????????

Not asking much I know but my last bike prior to snapping (after15yrs & thousands of miles :sad:) was pretty much like this and fit me like a glove :biggrin:

Now, the bike Ive got now is alu (i like the stiffness) quite high on the head tube - if it was lower then it'd be ok BUT its not: SOOOO any advice in any click-on'able direction :biggrin::?::sad::?::sad::biggrin::biggrin::sad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::?::biggrin:

Have you measured the old frame up? Gives you something to work to based on the knowledge that it works for you.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I know the new frame is a normal 23" but has a sloping TT which makes it 52cm. The head tube length is generally 17cms. What Ive found very dificult to find is a frame with same back end, seat angle isnt a prob, TT 22" at least but the head tube length, real difficult. i need a HT length of say below 15cm say about 13cms'...

This 'want' of mine is pushing things into timetrial territory in 'oldroadyvill' terms.

Just a case of searching I suppose !

Or go custom .............:biggrin::biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Have you measured the old frame up? Gives you something to work to based on the knowledge that it works for you.

walker

Sounds to me like someone is attempting the hour :biggrin:

Top Bottom