Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Thanks for all the advice guys. Please don't think that any suggestion has not been fully considered but there is something just right about Wootton Bassett given that I'll be doing it H4H. I'll set up a thread in the charity rides and we can sort out a date. I do like the summer solstice idea but this may mean some people who would like to come along can't because of work.

Cheers again!

frank9755

Cyclist
We'll be going through Wootten Bassett next Friday. I've linked to our intended route on the relevant thread (although need to tweak it to take in Marlow)

I dug out the link on how to enter the 24 hour TT. Will paste it here for the record. I forgot that you would also need to be a member of a club (which is not too hard to do!)

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
We'll be going through Wootten Bassett next Friday. I've linked to our intended route on the relevant thread (although need to tweak it to take in Marlow)

I dug out the link on how to enter the 24 hour TT. Will paste it here for the record. I forgot that you would also need to be a member of a club (which is not too hard to do!)

Cheers Frank. Shame the Fridays doesn't count as one of their clubs, I think 140 riders could add something to a time trial!!!

Last year, I was sponsored for Adam's (Flying Dodo) Kent ride which involved cycling London to Ashford, going on Adam's very enjoyable ride and then cycling back from Ashford to London (163 miles in total). This raised £300+ for SANE.

I don't remember you mentioning you were sponsoring youself (as it were). I would have bunged you some dosh if I'd known.

Very noble idea of heading for Royal Wootton Bassett. Sadly, your proposed date clashes with my charity ride, so I voted for another date!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I don't remember you mentioning you were sponsoring youself (as it were). I would have bunged you some dosh if I'd known.

Very noble idea of heading for Royal Wootton Bassett. Sadly, your proposed date clashes with my charity ride, so I voted for another date!

I didn't make a big thing of it cos I felt a little uncomfortable gaining sponsorship for something I was going to do anyway. It was, and still is, my furthest ride to date (although RWB will pass it by quite a long way).

I think I'm more or less settled on the 21st now as it has so much that's right about it, I just need to get a little team together.

Good luck with your ride, it's a lot, lot, lot further than mine!!

Top Bottom