Advice re. Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sawyer280769

i know a lot of people use this training application and looking for a bit of advice. I have a turbo trainer and a sigma ant+ speed sensor. I gave acess to an old gen2 iPad and a laptop. Do I neeed anything else to use zwift?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So long as the turbo is compatible. Even dumb turbos are ok so long as you have garmin speed and cadence sensors on the bike. (Or ant+)

With a dumb turbo they usually recommend a middle resistance if you have an adjustable one.

I'm not sure how the ipad connects as I use a laptop with a Garmin ant+ dongle and a tablet with the zwift companion app.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
What he said ^^^ Ant+ dongle.

A 42 inch telly to connect to is great too..............if the wife lets you :stop:
Hard to beat a bedroom tv which is also handy for collapsing onto the bed :cycle:

DSC_0001.JPG

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You won't be able to connect up your iPad, even with a smart trainer, so you need the aforementioned Ant+ USB stick for your laptop. Before you buy one (anyone will do) make sure your laptop is powerful enough for Zwift.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I had to buy a new thingy card that goes inside the box thingy for my PC to use zwift . Check your thingy stuff !

Garry A

Calibrating.....
The suggested system specs from Zwift are more than is needed. I use one of these as it's what I had and it works ok, the frame rate does choke a bit with tons of riders on screen. I prefer quieter times on it though.

You can download the programme from Zwift and see how it runs with their free 7 day trial.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I'll check my laptop. It's inly a cheap one

I thought they were iPad compatible .

So will any usb stick do?

You need a newer iPad and then it would not work with you Ant+ anyway. You would need Bluetooth 4.

Top Bottom