Advice regarding a statement to the Police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not that it matters but you left a couple of registration numbers in your post :smile:

A good statement to evidence the poor driving, however it reads as though you went through a red light in order to get his details? Whilst I understand why you did it... don't. Some poor sod got caught on a red light camera simply moving out of the way for an emergency vehicle and lost the appeal, so your excuse almost certainly wouldn't hold of challenged.

Also - you're either injured or you aren't I'm afraid when it comes to exchanging details, so as your statement doesn't show that you did have any injuries to your hand, he doesn't have a requirement to provide details to you simply due to contact.

The statement is well written though and I'd be interested to hear how they progress the matter of inconsiderate driving.

Sorry meant to add...

You have put in that you consider yourself a competent driver, with evidence - excellent. If you believe it to be true, you may wish to add the line to the main statement that "I believe the male's standard of driving fell below that expected from a competent driver" as that is the "point to prove" at court.

Top Bottom