Advice sought please! - giant avail tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

budget...type of event...what tyres you currently have....all would be useful...

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Welcome to CycleChat Emma. :hello:

Are you able to post the details or a photo of the tyres you have fitted at the moment - just to give us something to go off.

Also, when you say event, I'm assuming it is a race or TT or something where your overall speed will make a difference?

Very happy with Vittoria Rubinos on my avail. Bought them because the were red (so matched my machine) and around £10, but have stuck with them because the roll well and are pretty puncture resistant (ignoring one miserable day when I got punctures front and rear within 10 miles of each other)

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Emma426

Very happy with Vittoria Rubinos on my avail. Bought them because the were red (so matched my machine) and around £10, but have stuck with them because the roll well and are pretty puncture resistant (ignoring one miserable day when I got punctures front and rear within 10 miles of each other)

Thank you!

OP
OP
E

Emma426

Thank you!

OP
OP
E

Emma426

Are you able to post the details or a photo of the tyres you have fitted at the moment - just to give us something to go off.

Also, when you say event, I'm assuming it is a race or TT or something where your overall speed will make a difference?

My tyres are specialized all condition armadillo with flat technology. 700 x 25.
I'm doing a quadrathlon, I'm not that serious, just want slightly fasterling tyres! Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• 20170711_201828.jpg
    20170711_201828.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
E

Emma426

Thank you!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My tyres are specialized all condition armadillo with flat technology. 700 x 25.
I'm doing a quadrathlon, I'm not that serious, just want slightly fasterling tyres! Thanks for your time!
I'm not surprised! Armadillos are even stiffer than the Marathon Plus regularly flamed on this forum, while being less puncture resistant. The only people who seem to like them seem to be Specialized dealers.

Jason

The Rubinos are excellent tyres,but only come in black if you go up to 25C. I suggest you do as the bigger tyre makes a difference to comfort on the bike.

Top Bottom