Advice to my daughter.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Lardyboy said:
I can remember the first time I went to "call" on a young lady for an evening trip to town, burger, cinema, bit of furtive fumbling and then back home...

last of the romantics...

A chap I know had arranged to take a girl out. He was on his way to see her when he saw her father, whom he knew slightly lurking in the street outside with what looked like a baseball bat under his coat. He politely greeted him and asked what he was doing.

"My daughter's fixed up to see some dirty bastard with a nasty reputation for shagging and chucking, so I'm waiting until he turns up to give him a very strong message."

papercorn2000

Priscilla Parsley said:
gosh what a moving post.

I say take a faux hard line on it, daughters are very clever when it comes to dads, and know the difference between protectivness and military style strictness and will push boundries anyway (but this depends on how strict mum is and the dynamic there.) You must realise that dads are super important to a young womans self esteem now and future (HUGE responsibility), the more you expect the more she will achieve.

Thanks a bloody bunch. I was hoping that I could ignore her once she got to a certain age and just concentrate on riding my bike.

Top Bottom