Advice to my daughter.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
pin an anatomical diagram of a teenage boy on the inside of your front door with arrows pointing to the areas of concern

- they never wash here
- beware spots here - when they explode you can get gunk all over you
- the use this hand for self-gratifying
- or this hand
- they never change their socks
- they don't wipe their bottoms properly

that kind of thing

johnnyh

Veteran
I have some old Stanley blades rusting away in the garage, when my daughter brings a lad home (not for 8 years I would think) I shall take him to see them... ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
That's a classic answer, Noodley - the same thing ran through my mind when I read your post.... great minds and all that!! :evil:

I really must learn to bite my tongue though, I have a habit of being <ahem> mildly sarcastic at times... but clearly my 4.75 year old just doesn't get it yet (according to my Wife). My answers amuse both me and her (Wifey) but somehow end up confusing the eldest... the quizzical look on her face at times is priceless... I just hope she doesn't ask her teacher to confirm things! :sad::biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
My eldest 13(strange name for a girl)has been out tonight for a meal at an Indian restaurant.Me and the wife did our courting in.Now feeling old.59 next week.Then on to ten pin bowling.And that place sucks.Have been a little worried about her.But got to let go and let her get some knowledge.

Priscilla Parsley

Noodley said:
Tonight, whilst driving home with elder Noodlette who has just started secondary school this year, she asked for some advice from her wordly wise dad. She's never really asked me anything sensible and mature before so I was quite chuffed.

She asked me: "If you fancy someone should you ask them out?"
After some consideration I replied "I would, but your mum would probably find out knowing my luck"

I don't think that was the response she wanted :evil:

gosh what a moving post.

I say take a faux hard line on it, daughters are very clever when it comes to dads, and know the difference between protectivness and military style strictness and will push boundries anyway (but this depends on how strict mum is and the dynamic there.) You must realise that dads are super important to a young womans self esteem now and future (HUGE responsibility), the more you expect the more she will achieve.

Noodley said:
In seriousness it appears I provide good advice :smile::thumbsup:

She thought that as I was a social worker that I would have experience working with people and would know how to advise her about relationships. She'd obviously given it some thought before asking.

it also appears that she trusts you,

you never know she might even have you vet potential bf's

i live in hope that my daughters do the same if i have any...

Stig-OT-Dump said:
If your daughters won't vet your potential boyfriends, I'm happy to step in and do the deed for you. :blush:

you funny bu99er xx(

asterix

Comrade Member
Noodley said:
In seriousness it appears I provide good advice :sad::thumbsup:

She thought that as I was a social worker that I would have experience working with people and would know how to advise her about relationships. She'd obviously given it some thought before asking.

You sound nothing like a social worker.

I can remember the first time I went to "call" on a young lady for an evening trip to town, burger, cinema, bit of furtive fumbling and then back home.

It went well up to the point where I knocked on her front door, it got answered by her father, told him I was there to take his delightful daughter to the cinema, only to be told "I don't think so!" by him and the door was shut very firmly. ;)

snorri

Legendary Member
Lardyboy said:
told him I was there to take his delightful daughter to the cinema, only to be told "I don't think so!" by him and the door was shut very firmly. ;)

It's no joke Maggot, poor Lardyboy could have been scarred for life.:laugh::sad:

Lardyboy said:
I can remember the first time I went to "call" on a young lady for an evening trip to town, burger, cinema, bit of furtive fumbling and then back home.

It went well up to the point where I knocked on her front door, it got answered by her father, told him I was there to take his delightful daughter to the cinema, only to be told "I don't think so!" by him and the door was shut very firmly. :smile:

did you get to see her again?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Lardyboy said:

It went well up to the point where I knocked on her front door, it got answered by her father, told him I was there to take his delightful daughter to the cinema, only to be told "I don't think so!" by him and the door was shut very firmly. :biggrin:
My first proper gf (we were together 2 yrs, and damn nearly got married :rolleyes: )when i went to call on her 1st time, her brother threw a cup at me, and her dad started showing me his love poems to his wife. A lovely, but thoroughly odd family! :sad: Still friends with her, from a distance...

Top Bottom