Advise please from the pro's Boardman Comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neilv

I've just brought myself a second hand 2013 boardman comp, now I'm very new so you will have to forgive me but I need some advise.

I'm looking into getting some mudguards and I've decided to go with the Chromoplastics, now it says my bike requires the p35 ones as I have currently the tyres it came with which need replacing 700 28c as we are coming into winter should I start looking into winter tyres/wider tyres and would that mean I need to get the p45 Chromoplastics

The tyres I was looking at were the schwalbe

Much love
Neil

vickster

Legendary Member
Is it a road bike or hybrid? Which mudguards will fit depends on the clearance afforded by the frame. I'd suggest you take it to your local bike shop and pay them to select and choose the right mudguards and advise on which tyres you can use

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Having had one of those in the past, I'd stick with the 700 x 28 size as it give you the option of using slightly knobbled tyres if you want (or can find them) and get the P35 Chromoplastics. If you're looking at Schwalbe tyres, go for the Marathons for the winter.

I tried a set of 70 x 32 sized tyres I had lying around, but they were very tight for clearance where the chain stays joined the down tube.

Top Bottom