Aero bars and stem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I nipped into the Sigma store today and had a look at the offerings they have . VERY NICE but Giant seem to have me by the balls if I want an integrated set . Not a problem really as the Giant stuff really is top notch .
The Giant offering is this
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb...integrated.handlebar.stem/572/54726/#overview
A way around it is to buy other aero bars and a Giant stem to connect them but is there any point / benefit ?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I think these are so much nicer, and they give you the weight.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CLzk0dyXjr4CFdLHtAodVywAzg&gclsrc=aw.ds

shortone

Please excuse my ignorance but im not understanding your problem.
I dont understand how headset size would affect the stem and bars, intergrated or not?
Intergrated bars and stem have no relation to hadset size. The only measurment that matters is clamp size, where the bars fit onto the fork post. 31.8.

Once agin please excuse my lack of knoweledge and un confuse me please.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Probably my terminology of bike parts . I'm told that the sticky up bit that the stem goes on is 1 1/4"

shortone

Should be standard 31.8
1 - 1/1/4 or 1 - 1 1/8 relates to the headset bearing sizes. and not top tube size (sticky up bit), this should just be a mordern standard 31.8.
Thats always my understanding.
Im sure someone will be along in a mo to correct me.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
hmmmmmm just looking in the giant book and the stems say they fit a 31.8mm steerer tube . Not sure why I was told they wouldn't fit then :wacko: Maybe they where thinking about fitting bars to my existing stem ?

shortone

Cool, At least it means you can look at other aero bars if you wish too.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Integrated stem/bar combo's are only any good if they fit perfect in combination with your bikes geometry and your ride position, if they don't, hard luck you can't alter them and you could end up with a very expensive set of uncomfortable bars!

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just been to the Sigma shop and the FSA bars wont fit as they are for a 20 something steerer . The salesman also recommended not going for them for the same reasons as above .
I did however see a nice pair of zipp bars and zipp stem :hyper:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Intergrated bars and stems are generally heavier than seperate bars and stems.
I have just got the new Zipp SL Speed Stem to go with my Zipp Vukasprint aero bars and really rate these.

jack smith

Veteran
I had a set of zipp vuka sprint bars on my road bike I've just sold and they are excellent. Wish I could of kept them for the new venge but I will definitely be ordering a new set ;)

Top Bottom