Aero bars and stem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
New bars fitted :hyper: and they feel nice ! If I can get three doors and a window made tomorrow I may be able to get out for a proper ride with them .

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Wouldn't slamming the stem depend on the bike geometry ? I have the bars about half way on the TCR but slammed on the Defy . The TCR's bars are a bar width lower already .
I will get the correct width bars set up first and do a few big rides , then start adjusting the stem height . Once I have that worked out I can decide what bars I want ?
Or just slam the stem and get the short ones ?

Your ability to slam the stem depends largely on the head tube length and your own flexibility. The Defy is a more relaxed geometry than the TCR which is why you will have different bar positions. Working on your flexibility will help you get lower over the bars if that's what you want.
When I started riding Venge's I used a 80mm stem and came lower and more stretched out over time. I am currently using a 100mm stem but a recent bike fit is suggesting I should consider a 110-120mm stem.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive actually moved the bars up a little but will see how the new bars go on a longish ride .
About as slammy as I want to go for now :shy:

006_zps1c853b29.jpg

005_zps1ca22d1e.jpg

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Managed to get a few laps of Richmond Park today and a bit of a wander . 26 miles in all so not a massive amount but enough to get a feel for the new bars . I prefer them and getting onto the drops was a hell of a lot nicer .
I feel a bit tense in the shoulders but I guess as i'm in a new position that's to be expected to start with ?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Fingers crossed the LBS will be fitting these today for me . I'm excited :hyper:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
WOW ! :eek: They totally change the feel of the bike for the better !
I had a quick lap of RP after work and love them . I cant wait to get out for a longer ride .
I managed to sneak my garmin out front mount on there aswell .

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Proper bar wrap Mr H . I was given the option so I opted for class :thumbsup:
my steering feels a little tighter though . I'm wondering if the bar tape has trapped the cables a bit tight ? Maybe this will free up ? Its not a problem when riding unless I go no hands and then the control is a bit off .
Pics soon .....

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
That Zipp stem does look smart but I cant fit it on the giant . I was thinking of getting the giant carbon stem but I think with that I would lose the out front mount .

Top Bottom