After 22 years, I've cancelled Sky TV and I don't think I'm going to miss it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
An odd time to be cancelling?
Do you like talking to the wife?!
I have Now tv, I should cancel as I rarely watch it or the terrestrial TV.
The now tv when I do watch it AND find something I like, I really enjoy the ability to binge on the series. Soooo I might keep it.

Well, I finally realised I don't need Sky Satellite and since I haven't got it anymore I realised I should have cancelled it 6 years ago.

Do I talk to my wife? :laugh::laugh: What kind of question is that? Lol of course I do, she is the most important person in my life, next month it's going to be 44 years since I met her and I've been 42 years happily trapped :laugh::laugh:. We were 19 and 20 when we got married.

I'm not so bothered with the TV really, I can watch YouTube videos most of the time but my wife is used to watching her programs.... I do go through phases when I enjoy watching films or a serie we got Netflix but I don't use it very much.... the last time I used it regularly was last year when the last serie of The Crown was released.... and when the kids visit us we like to watch a film together like the good old days when they were at home.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I've just done a rough count and in the last week I have watched my TV for less than 2 hours. I think I could safely delete my Virginmedia TV package (but keep the broadband, obviously).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I bought a Humax 1100s receiver and I'd just like to say thank you for the advice :okay:

The box has all the functionality that I was missing.

Thanks again.
I can't remember if we told you this... Freesat lost the rights to Channel 4 in HD. There is a non-Freesat mode that lets you watch channels live which are not available via the Freesat TV guide, and one of those is Ch4 HD. Be warned though, you can't record those and if you are in non-Freesat mode no recordings that you have set will take place, so you must remember to switch back to Freesat mode.

If you like pop music channels, there are several available in non-Freesat mode.

I find it useful to set the box up so I can skip ahead in recordings in 1 minute steps, and back in 15 second steps. Using those intervals makes it very quick to step through ad breaks. (The 15 second reverse steps let you nudge it back if you overshoot and miss the start of the next part of the programme.)

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I ran out of box sets in this lockdown so I had to talk to the wife. She seems like an ok sort of person but she says she doesn't work at Woolworths any more.

Top Bottom