After 90 days....back in the saddle!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Today for the first time in 3 months, I have been able to get out on the bike. I think I have told you that I have had shingles; I still have one stubborn patch where the rash has not gone yet and am suffering from numbness in my left arm - power and grip are not affected. Just had a nice gentle 25km ride as you can see here:-Short video
I have also been able to solve an age old problem - what happens when an immovable force (two Thais on a motorbike) meets an immovable object (Mr Hippo stationary waiting to turn right) No damage to my bike, only injury suffered by me was slight pedal rash when it caught the back of my calf - the motor bike: mirror broken off, instrument cowl cracked. The rider could have passed me on either side but decided to T-bone me. I don't think he will try that again in a hurry!

gbb

Legendary Member
My sympathies with the shingles Mr Hippo ;)
I had a small patch in the inside of my arm by the elbow...christ, they were like mini volcanoes :wacko:. They lasted maybe a month and that was bad enough...still scarred a year later.

longers

Legendary Member
Good to hear that ;). I notice that while you've not been cycling, you've still been wearing and washing your shirt. It's faded :biggrin:.

Is shingles chicken pox for grown ups? But different and worse?

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
longers said:
Good to hear that ;). I notice that while you've not been cycling, you've still been wearing and washing your shirt. It's faded :biggrin:.
Is shingles chicken pox for grown ups? But different and worse?
Two different tops - pink one is ONCE and the white is Peugot. Shingles is caused by the same virus a xchicken pox but can lie dormant for decades.
tdr1nka said:
Gotta see how you ride both of those bikes at the same time!!
It's not that difficult, the hard part is synchronising the gear changes. :biggrin:

motor-cy.jpg

I normally cycle for about one hour at a time and then have a rest. On my 'main' route, one hour takes me to one of the many motor cycle taxi stands. As my Thai is not that fluent, I asked Mrs Hippo to write me a 'sick note' to explain to them why they had not seen me for months!

Top Bottom