Air-bag instead of helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
Fair enough, but you acknowledge there is a risk - you judge it as a low risk and helmets as not providing enough protection to be worth it - thats fine
But to say cycling is not dangerous is to ignore the obvious (unless you take the attitude of my parachute instructor - very few people die parachuting they die on hitting the ground and your not parachuting then, same with cyclists, most die being crushed under vehicles or on hitting the ground - and your not cycling then - cycling is safe its the other possibilities that are dangerous)

I see you went for the Belgium spelling
What you doing in France you lucky devil ?

TheSoulReaver03

You fall on a rough tarmac surface, sliding on that air bag. It only takes a moment before it tears and all the air gets out. Now you're sliding on a piece of fabric on your head...
This would be even more dangerous than a bike helmet. And of course, nobody gives two sh*ts about face protection, do they? If you fall on your face this thing won't protect you either. Worthless piece of junk.

classic33

Leg End Member
Fair enough, but you acknowledge there is a risk - you judge it as a low risk and helmets as not providing enough protection to be worth it - thats fine
But to say cycling is not dangerous is to ignore the obvious (unless you take the attitude of my parachute instructor - very few people die parachuting they die on hitting the ground and your not parachuting then, same with cyclists, most die being crushed under vehicles or on hitting the ground - and your not cycling then - cycling is safe its the other possibilities that are dangerous)

I see you went for the Belgium spelling
What you doing in France you lucky devil ?
A helmet will not save you if you are being crushed by another vehicle though.

Licramite

Über Member
Ah - but if you put your contact details in your helmet, - at least they will know who you were as they scrap you off the tarmac !

Dan B

Disengaged member
In any case, cycling is not dangerous, so it is all a bit of a moot point.
This.

Reactions: srw

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
You fall on a rough tarmac surface, sliding on that air bag. It only takes a moment before it tears and all the air gets out. Now you're sliding on a piece of fabric on your head...
This would be even more dangerous than a bike helmet. And of course, nobody gives two sh*ts about face protection, do they? If you fall on your face this thing won't protect you either. Worthless piece of junk.

I don't quite understand. What's not to like about wearing an explosive device round your neck?

Licramite

Über Member
of course you could take it one step further and attach the inflation device to your lycra then you have a full body airbag.
(saw a guy in team sky the other day - I reckon his had inflated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom