Air fryer.....any recommendations ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
1st.....I did a search and can't see this topic.
2nd....we have a Tefal Actifry**, had one for many years.
Its good for chips but imo not much else eg tried fish fingers but the revolving paddle just tore them to bits.
A (single) guy I know has a mesh basket one and reckons it does most things perfectly.
**our Tefal is needing some new parts so looking for something better if possible.
I want one for 2 persons.
Don't want cheap....want good^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Power Airfryer XL is quite good. No rotating parts, just more a fast mini oven. Does sausages well.

T4tomo

Guru
I recommend you don't bother with one, they aren't what they are cracked up to be. Just use an oven or frying pan as appropriate.

I recommend you don't bother with one, they aren't what they are cracked up to be. Just use an oven or frying pan as appropriate.
yep - have just been put off if as reported it can only be used for chips.
Why not use a combined microwave/oven/grill thingie @Dave7 ?
Have been very pleased with the Panasonic I got recently after a thread enquiry of mine.
Fine for 2 folk.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Mine is a Ninja. As far as these type of things go, I quite like it. Does what it says on the tin!
Yep, we've got a Ninja. Gets used several times a week, although I've no experience of other brands to compare it to.

I used to have a wire basket type thing - worked fine
but then my wife started complaining that whenever I used it the house stunk of old fat

Turned out the surface above the element was caked in fat that had (I assume) condensed there from a vapour while cooking. It was impossible to get at it (the element was fixed and couldn't be removed)

After a few weeks of using it outdoors in winter I ditched it and we got an Tefal Actifry
Turned out that for stuff like frozen chips it was much better and easier to clean
But after a few months my wife started complaining about a smell of old fat again. After a detailed inspection I couldn;t find any obvious problems
A few weeks after that a fan stopped working and it ended up getting scrapped.

I now just use the oven for oven chips - not as good but no complaining from my wife

Top Bottom