Air fryer cheese ON toast.....anyone mastered it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardfm

Veteran
Mundane experimental data is in:
Ingredients
One slice of medium bread (Kingsmill 50:50)
Layer of spreadable butter (Lurpak or Sains/Lidl equivalent)
Grated cheddar (medium strength), lightly pressed into the butter to reduce 'blow away'
No Worcester sauce on this occasion
No toms or herbs either
Method
Into a cold Ninja airfryer
4 mins on the 'Bake' programme (which has a low fan speed) at 200C
Apply light sprinkling of f.g. pepper and eat.

Result: bread was rather colourless but had the 'crunch' of toast; wasn't at all floppy/soggy.
Cheese had melted and had a lightly-grilled 'crust'; could have done with a mature cheddar
No cheese escaped inside the air fryer.
3/5 - needed more cheese, and additional flavours/ingredients, eg to resemble a mini-pizza

View attachment 719059
I would start the bread on Air Crisp to get it some colour, then add the cheese and switch to Bake to melt the cheese then go back to Air Crisp to brown the cheese.

Dadam

Mundane experimental data is in:
Ingredients
One slice of medium bread (Kingsmill 50:50)
Layer of spreadable butter (Lurpak or Sains/Lidl equivalent)
Grated cheddar (medium strength), lightly pressed into the butter to reduce 'blow away'
No Worcester sauce on this occasion
No toms or herbs either
Method
Into a cold Ninja airfryer
4 mins on the 'Bake' programme (which has a low fan speed) at 200C
Apply light sprinkling of f.g. pepper and eat.

Result: bread was rather colourless but had the 'crunch' of toast; wasn't at all floppy/soggy.
Cheese had melted and had a lightly-grilled 'crust'; could have done with a mature cheddar
No cheese escaped inside the air fryer.
3/5 - needed more cheese, and additional flavours/ingredients, eg to resemble a mini-pizza

View attachment 719059

For my idea of cheese on toast that slice has approximately 31.2% of the cheese required! If it's not dripping off the sides you need more!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I would start the bread on Air Crisp to get it some colour, then add the cheese and switch to Bake to melt the cheese then go back to Air Crisp to brown the cheese.

Sure, it was more a bored demonstration of ease and timings than of anything else. I'm not a regular eater of cheese on toast! Especially not if the cheddar has been browned xx(

Pannini are much nicer, or just make an "easy pizza" with a pitta as the base - it's a good way to use up old spag bol, just add toppings, herbs and mozz.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not so much cheese on toast but...
20240401_122650.jpg

Thick cut bread, tomato puree, cheese, some tomato, peppers and red onion really simple and tasty...I might butter the underside next time to see it'll crisp it

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not so much cheese on toast but...
View attachment 726147

Thick cut bread, tomato puree, cheese, some tomato, peppers and red onion really simple and tasty...I might butter the underside next time to see it'll crisp it

Looks good.
I must give it another try. As I originally posted, I put it in but when I checked it the fan had blown all the cheese off.
I wonder if the tomato pure held the cheese in place ?

Reactions: gbb

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The approach I use is :-
Make pale toast
Apply Laughing Cow or Dairylea - one triangle per slice
Grate cheese liberally on top. Press down.
Airfry on Maximum Destruction for about three minutes or until optimum meltiness is achieved.
This is for a Tefal East Fry and Grill.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Our built in oven has a dodgy door seal so we purchased a Sage combined Air Fryer / Fan oven. It's microwave sized and does up to six slices of toast and perfect cheese on toast and very good Pizza. Highly recommended.

Top Bottom