Air fryer cheese ON toast.....anyone mastered it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I can read! I can also see similarities.

Dadam

Are you using grated cheese? I can’t see thick slabs of sliced cheese, as you need for proper CoT, blowing off so maybe you’re just not using enough cheese 😁

Can you put it on a lower rack so that the fan isn’t as strong?

To the panini fans, I hear you. I love a toastie or panini but the whole point of CoT is a browning and bubbling cheese layer.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
To clarify....NOT a sandwich but as per title ON toast.
When I tried it I found that the fan had blown the cheese off the bread.....leaving a lovely gooey mess.
A sandwich can be done by using wooden tooth picks but I like my cheese and tomato on toast.

My method - toast the bread first.

Then upend a mug in the centre of the air fryer basket and put a slice on - with nice thick slices of cheese on top. Do it at 200 degrees and it's melted in a minute or so. Then retrieve that slice and replace with the second piece - that melts even quicker.

AndyRM

XOXO
(Now I've actually clicked on that:smile:

That's barely a recipe - it just seems like she does it the obvious way and it just works!

Is she fibbing - or are others making a fuss about nothing?!?

Yeah, I should have put 'method' really.

The greaseproof thing might not be such a great shout either. I tried crisping some chicken skin last night, and thought that a loose wrap of paper would help out. Nope, just made it soggy. Take 2 without and it was fine.

I'm not sure what effect this would have on cheese, but there's only one way to find out I guess.

I use a Ninja one, just a single pot thing no shelves or owt like that.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I tried to do frozen pancakes yesterday. They flew about like leaves in the wind. I put a saucer on top and it worked. I would not do it with cheese though.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
To clarify....NOT a sandwich but as per title ON toast.
When I tried it I found that the fan had blown the cheese off the bread.....leaving a lovely gooey mess.
A sandwich can be done by using wooden tooth picks but I like my cheese and tomato on toast.

You used to be able to get envelopes of some non stick stuff which were for making cheese toasties in a conventional toaster.
No idea if they are still available but they did work.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Mundane experimental data is in:
Ingredients
One slice of medium bread (Kingsmill 50:50)
Layer of spreadable butter (Lurpak or Sains/Lidl equivalent)
Grated cheddar (medium strength), lightly pressed into the butter to reduce 'blow away'
No Worcester sauce on this occasion
No toms or herbs either
Method
Into a cold Ninja airfryer
4 mins on the 'Bake' programme (which has a low fan speed) at 200C
Apply light sprinkling of f.g. pepper and eat.

Result: bread was rather colourless but had the 'crunch' of toast; wasn't at all floppy/soggy.
Cheese had melted and had a lightly-grilled 'crust'; could have done with a mature cheddar
No cheese escaped inside the air fryer.
3/5 - needed more cheese, and additional flavours/ingredients, eg to resemble a mini-pizza

1705495741418.png

Top Bottom