Air Fryer cooking time question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Buy air fryer paper liners
Use air fryer paper liners in air fryer
:okay:

Directly under the food?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Directly under the food?

Yes
Screenshot_20230618_135011_Chrome.jpg

colly

Re member eR
Seeing as it's just me and Mrs Colly most of the time I'm thinking of getting one of these.

Any makes I should be looking at? What features are just pointless and what are essential?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Seeing as it's just me and Mrs Colly most of the time I'm thinking of getting one of these.

Any makes I should be looking at? What features are just pointless and what are essential?

From my research (lol) the Ninja has excellent reviews. Although on my own I really recommend 2 drawers. That makes it physically bigger but mine now sits proudly on the work top.
A comment I read..... obvious to most people, don't chuck rubbish in and expect it to come out as a gourmet meal.

As an eg. My meal later will be a L/b burger. No preheat. 10 minutes, job done**.
**sadly it doesn't cut the onion or tomato etc NOR does it butter the barm.....but I can do that as the burger cooks.

Tenkaykev

Guru

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/best-air-fryers

We have the Tefal AirFryer. It has a ( removable) slow moving paddle that gently rotates and " tumbles " the food so it gets cooked more evenly. Also does a half decent Barm Brack.

IMG_4076.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

Tenkaykev

Guru
I think that is an 'Actifry' and is a totally different beast.
eg....have you tried doing fish fingers in it? Don't as it just smashes them to bits.

The paddle is removeable, We've found it mainly useful for chips as they are being ( very very slowly ) constantly tumbled. As you said Dave, some stuff will get mashed together if you leave the paddle in, we tried Hash Browns and they turned into a Hash Brown Hash which was remarkably good, ( with the added bonus that being one giant hash I could allocate more of the portion onto my plate 😉 ). We've cooked individual pies in ours too which came out well.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We've cooked individual pies in ours too which came out well.

Pies do extremely well in air fryers.

potsy

Rambler
I have one of the Tefal actifry ones too, no paddle in mine though.
Perfect for one person, everything I've tried so far has come out just fine, mainly use it for frozen stuff.
I agree about the cleaning, often forget about it and have remnants left over next time it's used, adds to the flavour :whistle:

Top Bottom