Air on a chair.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
One of my routes out of town takes me past a small row of quaint terraced houses. The owner of the nearest one always has his side door open and certainly is a very happy fellow, as, every time I go by, I can hear him whistling joyfully away. And it is very loud. Thing is, he must be almost tone deaf because there has never been any discernible tune.
I have fond imaginings of him in there at the kitchen table attentively doing crosswords, mending clocks or perhaps painting an Airfix model of a de Havilland Mosquito, or something.
Anyway, curiosity took hold of me yesterday as I cycled past and under the guise of wanting a refill for my water bottle, I went to investigate and discover just what it was that made him so happy. So I popped my head round the corner and was immediately disabused. There, on the back of a chair strutted a bloody great parrot !
Obviously he does not have the musicality of this fellow.

Gromit

Über Member
I want a parrot... :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
The vocals are definitely an improvement on the originals
Agree totally.
Only trouble when I play it our lovebird and cocktail go ape shoot whistling along with the tweeting birds,

longers

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Agree totally.
Only trouble when I play it our lovebird and cocktail go ape shoot whistling along with the tweeting birds,

I didn't know prawns could whistle :biggrin:. You live and learn eh?

buggi

Bird Saviour
hilarious!!!

my mum had one of them, a present off my brother. they never stop squawking and it drove us all mad!

Elmer Fudd said:
:biggrin: :biggrin: cockatiel !
Type that in then do a spellcheck and it changes it to cocktail (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it !) :biggrin:

I was in a bar in Sydney with a mate, and he asked the barmaid if she had any cocktails.
'Yeah, heaps' was her answer.
'Go on, then, tell us one,' was my mate's witty reply. :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Interesting find there Fnaar. That seahorse must have been very expressive with it's little horsey face if the veteran clam digger (who had known him for years!?) could tell what he was thinking :biggrin:.

Top Bottom