Airnimal Joey Elite rohloff....whats it worth??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluebus200

Hi all, My mum has two of these Airnimal Joey elites with rohloff hub gears. She has used them about three times so pretty much in brand new condition. they have been in the garage the past 2 years not getting used at all so she want s to sell them. Ive got one on ebay at the mo but i've no idea if they are up at the right price as its hard to find any to compare to, they cost 2.2k new, it seems you just dont see them second hand very often! Also is ebay the right place to try and sell them or is there some other market place for these things i dont know about?? ive goggled around but not come up with much...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272821961582?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
It's always really hard to value rare bikes as niche bikes have a niche market, so none of the usual rules of thumb apply. They can go for much more than the typical lightly-used bike, or much less, all depending on who is looking at the time.

Bottom-line: anything is worth what a buyer is willing to pay at the time.

As for eBay pricing, start at a level you think seems a reasonable opening bid and see how it goes. You can always relist with a lower starting price later.

Kell

Veteran
It might be worth looking at a more niche forum.

i.e. A specific Airnimal forum.

They're a strange breed in my humble opinion. More aimed at people with storage problems rather than commuters.

Add the price tag and I'd imagine there's a fairly narrow market.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
tbf someone could/might buy it for the rear hub alone and rebuild it as a more conventional bike and sell on.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've always fancied an Airnimal but tlh has imposed an embargo on more bikes until they can all fit in my bike shed.

Jgf

Regular
Hi I am interested in one of your bikes and have replied to your post on another forum.

si_c

Guru
I'd reckon they're worth what they're up for, maybe a touch more. Especially as they have original receipts and manuals.

Top Bottom