Airnimal Rhino Folding Bike (SOLD)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fixedfixer

Veteran
Sold this one - second detailed in thread below. I have (had) two of these for sale as they are not getting much use. Here is the first one. Handy folding do anything kind of bike. Have seen photo's of them with road tyres and panniers for touring, good off road and on tracks too. Folds reasonably small (we are not talking Brompton here). Makes a good travel bike for trains planes and just having in the back of the car. I bought these as frames from Avon Valley Cyclery and built them up.
Rear drop outs have slider mount for a Rohloff or Shimano internal gears if required.

rhino1.JPG rhino2.JPG rhino3.JPG rhino4.JPG

Full spec :
Folding frame (one size only)
Fork – Rock Shox Tora with lock out
Headset – Ritchey
Stem and bars – Easton E50
Shifters – Shimano Deore trigger style
Brakes – Avid BB7 disc front, Shimano Deore ‘V’ rear (has mounts for rear disc)
Brake levers – Avid
Pedals – MKS quick release ‘Ezy Pedals’
Wheels – Deore hubs Sun CR18 rims stainless spokes 20 inch diameter
BB – square taper
Crank set – FSA triple
Mechs – Rear- Tiagra Front I think is Sora?
Suspension – Rear = Rock Shox Monarch 2.1 Air shock.
Tyres – Schwalbe Mad Mike
Seat post – Cobolt 2
Saddle – WTB mens
Mudguards – Zefal (made my own quick release system.
Carry bag included.

£750 or nearest offer. Bike located in Aberdeenshire - would need to discuss secure and safe collection arrangements.

(will advertise the second one later but is much the same spec)

http://airnimal.eu/products/rhino/white/#.V_ZOVvkrJhF

Last edited:
OP
OP
fixedfixer

fixedfixer

Veteran
Thanks for the feedback @User. I think it is a fair price given the spec and condition. I suspect my location will put people off, however I do travel South fairly regularly. I'll have too see what happens on this forum - I really don't want to use that Auction site.

OP
OP
fixedfixer

fixedfixer

Veteran
As per the change of title, this particular bike has been sold, but as mentioned in the initial post I do have an almost identical Rhino to sell. The main difference is a compact double and SRAM derailleurs. Would be happy to post further details and pictures should anyone be interested. As the thread was a bit quiet I don't want to clutter the forum too much. Cheers

OP
OP
fixedfixer

fixedfixer

Veteran
The spec of the second bike is as below. Same price - looking to £750 but open to near offer.

Fork – Rock Shox Tora with lock out
Headset – Ritchey
Stem and bars – Easton E50 stem and Easton Monkey Bar Riser bar
Shifters – SRAM X5 trigger style
Brakes – Avid BB7 disc front, Shimano Deore ‘V’ rear (has mounts for rear disc)
Brake levers – Avid
Pedals – MKS quick release ‘Ezy Pedals’
Wheels – Deore hubs Sun CR18 rims stainless spokes 20 inch diameter
BB – square taper
Crank set – FSA compact double 50/34
Mechs – SRAM X5 rear, Shimano Sora? Front
Suspension – Rear = Rock Shox Monarch 2.1
Tyres – Continental Explorer 20 x 1.75
Seat post – Ritchey Comp
Saddle – Brand X trail
Mudguards – Zefal (made my own quick release system).

Carry bag included.

Attachments

• Rhino.jpg
    Rhino.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 5

blbgrump

Regular
Hello
I am new to the forum - therefore I can't start a direct conversation. I'd be interested in the Rhino. COuld you start a conversation with me?
Best regards from southern Germany

Bernhard

OP
OP
fixedfixer

fixedfixer

Veteran
Hi blbgrump, The Rhino is still for sale. Not sure about the logistics of getting it to southern Germany but we can investigate it. I'll see how the conversation facility works with new members. What I can do is create a dropbox to share and post more photos or a short video of the bike so you can see it properly. Keep communicating here.

simon.r

Person
I recently posted a frame to Germany using Parcelforce (through my local PO), which cost about £40. Price will vary significantly with value, but it's a simple enough process if you can box up whatever you're sending.

OP
OP
fixedfixer

fixedfixer

Veteran
Bernhard, I noticed your post in the 'welcome' section too. You mentioned a little about your built. Have you checked out the Airnimal site at http://airnimal.eu/products/rhino/white/#.WC8dEuaLT6S It gives the max rider height as 190cm,max inseam 94cm and Max rider weight as 110kg. I think you'll find the Rhino a bit confined for your frame? Have you had a ride on a Rhino bike?

OP
OP
fixedfixer

fixedfixer

Veteran
I recently posted a frame to Germany using Parcelforce (through my local PO), which cost about £40. Price will vary significantly with value, but it's a simple enough process if you can box up whatever you're sending.

Cheers for that @simon.r I was going to ask the forum what they thought about logistics. However, I think the bike is likely to be on the small side for Bernhard. I see what he thinks.

OP
OP
fixedfixer

fixedfixer

Veteran
Rhino now sold. As both have gone or are their way to new homes I'm going to play about on the Brompton Bike Builder app and see what I can decide on. Watch out in the folder section.

Top Bottom