Airport advice for Scotland, please

Next week I plan on flying (FlyBe) from Exeter to Glasgow Int. Airport, then getting across to Glasgow Prestwick for a flight (Ryanair) to Norway.

Does anyone know how far the airports are from each other, and how is public (i.e. cheap ;)) transport in between?

Thanks! :tongue:

Cycling Naturalist

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Next week I plan on flying (FlyBe) from Exeter to Glasgow Int. Airport, then getting across to Glasgow Prestwick for a flight (Ryanair) to Norway.

Does anyone know how far the airports are from each other, and how is public (i.e. cheap ;)) transport in between?

Thanks! :wacko:
Shame on you - cycle and then use a sea kayak. :tongue:

Dayvo said:

Thanks! :tongue:
hi Dayvo

Glasgow international is roughly 30 miles from Glasgow Prestwick.

I believe, but you may want to check this, that there is a bus link into Paisley city centre(circa 2 miles), where you can get the train from Paisley Gilmour Street to Prestwick Airport (train Station at the airport)

Trains run every 1/2 hour, I think departing at 10 mins and 40 minutes past the hour or thereabouts

Rab said:
hi Dayvo

Glasgow international is roughly 30 miles from Glasgow Prestwick.

I believe, but you may want to check this, that there is a bus link into Paisley city centre(circa 2 miles), where you can get the train from Paisley Gilmour Street to Prestwick Airport (train Station at the airport)

Trains run every 1/2 hour, I think departing at 10 mins and 40 minutes past the hour or thereabouts
Like wot Rab says

domtyler

Über Member
Shall we have a little competition to work out Dayvo's carbon footprint?

I reckon he'd be able to give Al Gore a run for his money. :becool:

I'll give you a lift between the airports if you like. It'd only cost you £50....:becool:

domtyler

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:
... and you'll appear on YouTube as "Inconsiderate Passenger" within an hour of leaving the car!
Car? I'll bet Magna would turn up with his bike and still charge £50.

At least Dayvo would be able to enjoy an hour of heavy breathing therapy though! :wacko:

domtyler said:
Car? I'll bet Magna would turn up with his bike and still charge £50.

At least Dayvo would be able to enjoy an hour of heavy breathing therapy though! :wacko:
Your obsessed with my heavy breathing! :smile: You should have heard me at my judo session last night. I made the fatal mistake of eating dinner before I went on the mat and it was a heavy session (of judo, before anyone says anything!). The blood wants to go to your stomach, but you need it elsewhere. I needed a respirator by the end! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom