Airport advice for Scotland, please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Next week I plan on flying (FlyBe) from Exeter to Glasgow Int. Airport, then getting across to Glasgow Prestwick for a flight (Ryanair) to Norway.

Does anyone know how far the airports are from each other, and how is public (i.e. cheap ;)) transport in between?

Thanks! :tongue:

Dayvo said:
Next week I plan on flying (FlyBe) from Exeter to Glasgow Int. Airport, then getting across to Glasgow Prestwick for a flight (Ryanair) to Norway.

Does anyone know how far the airports are from each other, and how is public (i.e. cheap ;)) transport in between?

Thanks! :wacko:

Shame on you - cycle and then use a sea kayak. :tongue:

Dayvo said:

Thanks! :tongue:

hi Dayvo

Glasgow international is roughly 30 miles from Glasgow Prestwick.

I believe, but you may want to check this, that there is a bus link into Paisley city centre(circa 2 miles), where you can get the train from Paisley Gilmour Street to Prestwick Airport (train Station at the airport)

Trains run every 1/2 hour, I think departing at 10 mins and 40 minutes past the hour or thereabouts

ChrisKH

Guru
Dave

Are you going to be around long enough in Devon to pick up these books? I'm just about to post them (sorry).

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Dayvo, don't forget to tell the conductor on the train that you are flying Ryanair. You get a cheaper train fare. Show them the booking.

Rab said:
hi Dayvo

Glasgow international is roughly 30 miles from Glasgow Prestwick.

I believe, but you may want to check this, that there is a bus link into Paisley city centre(circa 2 miles), where you can get the train from Paisley Gilmour Street to Prestwick Airport (train Station at the airport)

Trains run every 1/2 hour, I think departing at 10 mins and 40 minutes past the hour or thereabouts

Like wot Rab says

domtyler

Über Member
Shall we have a little competition to work out Dayvo's carbon footprint?

I reckon he'd be able to give Al Gore a run for his money. :becool:

I'll give you a lift between the airports if you like. It'd only cost you £50....:becool:

domtyler

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:
... and you'll appear on YouTube as "Inconsiderate Passenger" within an hour of leaving the car!

Car? I'll bet Magna would turn up with his bike and still charge £50.

At least Dayvo would be able to enjoy an hour of heavy breathing therapy though! :wacko:

domtyler said:
Car? I'll bet Magna would turn up with his bike and still charge £50.

At least Dayvo would be able to enjoy an hour of heavy breathing therapy though! :wacko:

Your obsessed with my heavy breathing! :smile: You should have heard me at my judo session last night. I made the fatal mistake of eating dinner before I went on the mat and it was a heavy session (of judo, before anyone says anything!). The blood wants to go to your stomach, but you need it elsewhere. I needed a respirator by the end! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom