Aitken in Damascus!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Greetings from Damascus where I'm piling on the weight thanks to the great food and zero activity. Spotted Jonathan Aitken here at the Sheraton hotel last night with assorted other British politicians ("many Lords" according to the barman). It's hardly the Paris Ritz, is it? Wonder what they're doing here at your and my expense?

Saw a Syrian road club out training today, a mixture of young men and women, all riding Giants, accompanied by a couple of small buses. To my ermbarrassment my host, who was driving, squeezed two of the riders into the side of the road and hooted at them as he drew level. I was horrified at his behaviour and told him so; he's normally so well-mannered. He retorted that they should have been riding on the hard shoulder and they had forced him to move out into the fast lane where he risked being hit from behind. It just shows that even normally intelligent, balanced people have some fecking stupid ideas about cyclists.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Did you see a light on the road to Damascus?

Aperitif

Meme bar
...probably only the light from Al Fayed's Bentley(that happened to be passing although for once he had nothing to do with anything but I cant remember the names of the other dudes Mo - something or other)...guiding Mr Aitken - slimeball gone godly - 'Porridge and Passion' my ar$e. ;)

Top Bottom