In Praise of In Praise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I like praise. Doesn't everyone? It's good to give and receive. Praise, that is, not what you're thinking.

Never liked Songs of Praise though, Harry Secombe ruined it.

I don't like it! At work they give you praise for doing your job. Very American if you ask me!

I'll be getting that too q1 next year. Collective pay bargaining with recognised unions and employee committees. Mostly unions though. However everyone gets the same deal. Free union membership, LOL!

Seriously, too many well dones annoy me. They even had a discussion over it. Conclusion was better to praise but be aware not everyone likes it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Has anyone else been on Songs of Praise? I was in 1980 as a 10 year-old. However, despite being filmed singing they wanted me to mime it instead and I was dubbed:cry:

And I don't mind being praised, but don't seek it out. Which is probably why I rarely get any

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I don't like it! At work they give you praise for doing your job. Very American if you ask me!

Not particularly American tbh.

Two decades since I was in corporate employment and it was very common in the sectors I worked in: high volume retail, marketing and legal.

I think it is part of a nice way to do business and recognises the contribution made by people, as long as it is sincere and not overly gushy then it's fine with me.

Much better than not recognising contributions.

I've worked in some large businesses and never been aware of any negative feedback on this matter - neither through informal or formal channels.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Has anyone else been on Songs of Praise? I was in 2010 as a 10 year-old.
I didn’t have you down as a 23 year old!😁
Especially as you’ve been a forum member since 2011! A very mature young man.

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Has anyone else been on Songs of Praise? I was in 1980 as a 10 year-old. However, despite being filmed singing they wanted me to mime it instead and I was dubbed:cry:

And I don't mind being praised, but don't seek it out. Which is probably why I rarely get any

I have been on Songs of Praise. Think I was 15 or 16 and was during a religious phase of my life. Was at Alton Towers and I read something out. Missed the last train connection home and spent the night at Reading station. Must have been 1990

Top Bottom