Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Boo hoo

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Who?

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What do you mean "our team" "our fans"? You should be supporting Colne Dynamoes!!:bravo:;)

Do we need these pundits in the first place? It's rare for me to watch tv/armchair football,but if i do i tend to record it so that i can flick past the "experts"analysis. Drawing circles,shining lights on players to show how they did or didn't do this or that wtf!!! Have an interview with a manager or a player after each match then get on with it!!!

Last edited:
Are we really surprised that professional footballers know how to "read the game". It is/was their profession and if you're playing at that level I'd expect it to be a given! What lets a lot of them down is their ability to articulate. Gary Neville was always able to voice an opinion so it comes as no surprise to be that he's a good pundit. Unfortunately a lot of the new breed fall into the "entertainment" rather than "enhancement" mold!

Btw: Liverpool supporter - so the "compliments" about Gary Neville were typed through gritted teeth!

U

User482

Alan Hansen has long since become a parody of himself, trotting out the same cliches every week, which often have very little to do with the game. Retirement is well overdue.

Chris Kamara and Gary Neville would brighten up MOTD considerably.

Kies

I'm still surprised when I see Jamie Carragher, sure he knows what he is talking about but I have to listen hard to understand him and far from fluent.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
How much!!! For a few hours work.

"Hansen, who was earning a staggering £1.5million a year, had to take a considerable pay cut when he signed his current two-year deal — eased by the BBC’s move from London to Salford, much closer to his Southport home. "

Do we need these pundits in the first place? It's rare for me to watch tv/armchair football,but if i do i tend to record it so that i can flick past the "experts"analysis. Drawing circles,shining lights on players to show how they did or didn't do this or that wtf!!! Have an interview with a manager or a player after each match then get on with it!!!

I like a little punditry, although I grew up watching in the Jimmy Hill era of "Cor, Wow, look at that extraordinarily mazy run by Rodney Marsh!" It may be slightly overdone these days, but I do like a little when it is clear and concise and adds something.

What I do not like even a tiny, little bit is the endless and thorough speculation and analysis of salaries, job security, transfer options, directorial appointments and so on.

I am no intellectual, but when I watch football I sometimes stand among people who may be further down the brainpower scale than I am. I hear the most preposterous guff spoken in angry, angry tones about the appointment of a director of football or investment in new stadia or pay scales for playing staff. These are people who cannot spell Wonga even though they bank with them... but they have stern views on matters far, far from the field of play.

I also dislike the endless discussion of refereeing decisions on TV. Part of the beauty of the game is the fallibility of the (human) referee. They make mistakes.

There was an excellent interview with Sir Clough (was it with Mottie?) where BC lambasts the media for spending far too long dissecting the game and discussing refereeing decisions. There was much to dislike about BC, but his teams showed deference to the referee... (although I think SAF got to the Irish lad after he went to Man U and perhaps brought out some of his more dissenting characteristics).

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Gary Neville is far and away the best pundit around IMHO.
It really pains me to say this but I agree.
Being brought up in a family that's bluer than a Ron Jeremy retrospective, it also hurts to admit that Ratboy is a notch above most of the punditry out there. To my shame, I sometimes enjoy Robbie Savage in an "idiot abroad" way. Ian Wright is a disaster on 606.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom