Aldi Bike Mate - MPH Fix and small wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'TOTALODO' Disappears...

Anyone notice 'TOTALODO' vanishing? It used to be there immediately before/after 'TRIPDIST'... it's gone from both of mine...or am I missing something...?

p.s. is there a website where you can download a .pdf manual? Mine got lost in the move.

Nick G

Our local Tesco sells a basic computer for £3. I was thinking about getting a couple for my children. Anyone had experience with these? I know it's a cheap mistake if they're rubbish but that's more than the price of an inner tube to waste.

TokaS

help needed with bikemate f20

hi, have read this post re the aldi bikemate...i dont think it is the same as mine. i have the f20 but have lost the instructions. i take it the wheel size measurement will be the same but i cant get it out of km/hr setting. [or change the time setting. has anyone got a manual/instructions for this as i have lost mine.
any help appreciated

Brahan

Über Member
I have used a Bikemate for the last few months but at Christmas I got a Polar which now takes pride of place. One thing I've noticed is that with the heart monitor now counting my calories (onthe Polar) it seems that my calorie count is well down per ride. Anyone else think they're burning up loads and loads of calories on the Bikemate or is my Polar well off the mark?

spiro

Ed68 said:
I first 'found' this forum when googling on how to change the Aldi Bike Mate to mph - and it appeared to work so all was looking good!

I have been concerned though that whilst I don't expect to be riding fast (mainly off road with a few pedestrians and hills) I thought I would be covering more ground than my computer tells me.

Just to test this I drove part of the route (the bit up until going off road) and whilst my bikemate says it is 0.4 miles my car states that it is 1.4 miles - slight difference there.

I didn't expect the readings to be 100% accurate as the table only had a setting for a 26" by 1.9 however my tyres are 26" by 1.95 but I didn't expect this much 'difference'.

Of course I've now 'lost' my tables so can anyone advise me what number I should set to get a close reading for 26" by 1.95 tyres.

Thanks in anticipation............
I have seen posts suggesting that you dont use the tables provided but measure it for your bike. Start with value and the lowest point, get someone to mark the ground with you sitting on the bike, move forward one or two turns of the wheel (keep most of your weight on the bike), mark the ground again and measure the distance between the two marks in millimetres and divied by the number of rotations. That gives you the value you need. The reason they say this is better is because your weight distorts the tyre as you ride and this method give a more accurate value.

yashicamat

The heartrate versions sold in Aldi for £12.99 . . . paying a tenner on top of that is a rip off IMHO.

No tables with those either, just a case of measuring the total radius of the wheel and tyre and then multiplying it by Pi. Will test mine against my GPS to see how accurate it is.

beachcaster

yashicamat said:
The heartrate versions sold in Aldi for £12.99 . . . paying a tenner on top of that is a rip off IMHO.

No tables with those either, just a case of measuring the total radius of the wheel and tyre and then multiplying it by Pi. Will test mine against my GPS to see how accurate it is.

I have this one............and did an 18 mile journey yesterday
I think the distance was about spot on .
Other fuctions are all there.but getting used to using it as there are
so many bits of info.
Heartmonitor is a good way of telling if you are still alive I find.

Barry

peanut

fossyant said:
Got it running well on my son's 20" - although he is grounded till weekend, having cycled off to the local park last night (before computer fitted) without telling us - he's only 7 and it's way beyond his boundaries... despite me catching him twice this weekend outside of where he is supposed to go)

sounds like you need one of those maplin transmit receive do-dahs that tell you where things are like pets and kids ;):biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
peanut said:
sounds like you need one of those maplin transmit receive do-dahs that tell you where things are like pets and kids :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well it's still going strong on his bike - he's done over 250 miles easily, riding up and down the road....and clocked 25 mph riding down it...:ohmy:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any magnet will do, it's the mounting bracket/sensor that you'll need. The really cheap Aldi ones don't have a Bike 1/2 setting.

R013BIE

I have both a Bike Mate (13 function - wired) white computer & a Cateye wireless computer on my 26" mountain bike, each magnet is mounted on either side of the front wheel 180 degree apart they both work fine & are accurate with the 'Map My Ride' app on the mobile phone.
My advise is to ensure you make sure the magnet is JUST above or below the center mark of the 'pick-up' for best detection of the magnet. Take your time to mount the wire, head-unit & pick-up also once you have attached the magnet (half-way from wheel rim to hub) tighten it to the spoke, check this before your next ride

Top Bottom