Aldi cycling clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I thought it started today? Check their website!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Apparently no men's small sizes (again). Don't think I'll bother. I can't be the only shorter, slimmer cyclist and potential customer.

youngoldbloke

I am short and slim (1.65m, 68kg) and their medium jerseys from the spring sale fit ok.
Lucky? The tights would be useful but I've bought and then had to return so many items in the past. The gloves and socks are always useful but I've already got more than I'll ever use!

Reactions: C R

Dave7

Legendary Member
Apparently no men's small sizes (again). Don't think I'll bother. I can't be the only shorter, slimmer cyclist and potential customer.
I am 5' 7" 38" chest. I bought a medium jacket today and it fitted fine. Not sure about the pockets as the middle one is quite big but the side ones are quite small. It may go back because of that. Otherwise its a good autumn jacket.

youngoldbloke

I am 5' 7" 38" chest. I bought a medium jacket today and it fitted fine. Not sure about the pockets as the middle one is quite big but the side ones are quite small. It may go back because of that. Otherwise its a good autumn jacket.
What is your usual size in cycling kit? In most makes I wear 'small'. IME ALDI medium sizes 'fit', but not closely enough for my taste. Sleeves too long, shoulders that bit too wide, and leg length too long. It might be different this time, but why not a 'small' option then?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've never found Aldi gear to be much good. I've bought winter gloves which were like sponges in the rain, mitts that fell apart and a badly stitched jersey. My last attempt to change from road pedals to spuds ended when one of the Velcro straps pulled clean off a shoe while I was tightening it.

D

Deleted member 26715

I've never found Aldi gear to be much good.
Different folks, different strokes, most of my tops are Aldi never had an issue in 5 years still wearing them

Dave7

Legendary Member
What is your usual size in cycling kit? In most makes I wear 'small'. IME ALDI medium sizes 'fit', but not closely enough for my taste. Sleeves too long, shoulders that bit too wide, and leg length too long. It might be different this time, but why not a 'small' option then?
In my (limited) experience there is no 'rhyme or reason' in cycling gear sizes--even from the same manufacturer. As an eg I wear Endura Pro shorts....medium. just bought a 3rd pair.....they wont go near me (it was like wearing a pair of speedos). I took them back and am picking up LARGE on Friday. Crazy, I am 34" waist, why should I have to buy large??

nickAKA

Über Member
Nipped in last night for some bread & milk (honest), managed to get a couple of pairs of merino socks, which are always decent, but they had none of the merino base layers left which was disappointing.
Wouldn't bother with the outer layers myself, I just don't think they stand up to washing & wearing well enough.

Have a number of their yellow tops of old which I think excellent for general use. Cycling tops gone up in price since where I think they can struggle in comparison to some of the cut price quality brand stuff which regularly crops up on this place's bargains thread. Got another merino base (also increased in price) in recent promo and am now probably sorted for life on those.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've found their soft shell winter tops perfectly fine, as well as the thick thermal one. The merino tops and skull caps are good. Socks fine, waterproof sock excellent - so good they were being 'stolen' from my local store !

I've found their soft shell winter tops perfectly fine, as well as the thick thermal one. The merino tops and skull caps are good. Socks fine, waterproof sock excellent - so good they were being 'stolen' from my local store !
I do have a pair of the waterproof socks but don't think I have used yet.

Must admit to not entirely trusting such things.

If really bad rain for prolonged riding I tend to take a spare pair of Lidl's excellent thermal toastie synthetic socks and just change my socks mid ride.

Top Bottom