Aldi Cycling Gear Heads Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Thanks. I'll definitely take a look. Might buy some Fruit Loops whilst I'm there.

Arch

Married to Night Train
:blush: Hmmmm, I got my days mixed up and went in today as it was near the dentists (after my appointment there).
However, I came out with a pair of fishing gloves that I am now sewing some Scotch retro-reflective tape onto.

Are you going back tomorrow? If so, I see they have a some sets of micro lights with elastic loops. COuld you pick me up a pair. Can't have too many.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Are you going back tomorrow? If so, I see they have a some sets of micro lights with elastic loops. COuld you pick me up a pair. Can't have too many.
Will do.:thumbsup:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Went at 9am this morning. Picked up a hi-viz jacket, waterproof pants, overshoes, and winter gloves.Good purchases and for once everything seems to be a decent quality.

I wore the jacket on a ride this afternoon and it kept me warm plenty.

Just a note about the trainers: If you put SPD's onto them, then they will stick out. This is obvious when you look at the depth of the tread. I dont know of any SPD system which will fit the trainers and not wear down quickly.
The light set seems a bit basic and wouldnt provide good visibility. The LED lights seem okay brightness wise.
My ALDI store didnt have the toolkit but it had plenty of clothes and was booming with people (most of them didnt even look like they owned bikes).

I also had an awkward moment when I was choosing the jacket as there was a bloke besides me who was trying a jacket on and I was just stood there staring at one which I had in my hand and trying to decide if it would fit me (I had my hands full).

Absolutely brilliant for the money, £40 in whole. I might do a review later on.

Top Bottom