Aldi Cycling Gear Heads Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
I got a base layer and some long leg warmers. There was a steady stream of people trying stuff, the fluorescent jackets seemed popular. Rochdale Edinburgh Way Aldi seemed to have most of the range, including a stand for 29.99, and the toolkit.
What was annoying is they had flashing LED armbands identical to the ones in Lidl the other week but for 3.99 instead of 4.99 :cry:.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Yes I was annoyed about the cheaper armbands aswell lol!

I now have the toolkit, socks and gloves added to my previous haul this morning. Missed the late arriving base layers though. Might try another store slightly further afield tomorrow whilst on the road between meetings.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
What was annoying is they had flashing LED armbands identical to the ones in Lidl the other week but for 3.99 instead of 4.99 :cry:.
Got any poundshops near you? Keep checking them, they sometimes do flashing armbands for a quid each.

I think the issue was that Svendo paid £4.99 for some, then Aldi had then at £3.99.
Mentioning some that are even cheaper really isn't helping! :biggrin:

I got some legwarmers, socks, spoke reflector things and a red travel towel. No minilights where I was, and all the shoes had gone.

SS Retro

They were queuing from 7am at my local store no red jackets but did snaffle a blue winter jersey and winter trousers, went back in the evening and they had restocked so swapped the jersey for a red one. Quite happy really although the stuff is on the large side in the sizing.

But for the prices unbeatable?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought the winter gloves and the waterproof trousers. The pants are for when i go down the pub or to the shop but not for long distances. I wore the pants on Thursday night in the rain and they were ok apart from i don't like baggy cycling gear. I would've bough a winter jacket they seemed well padded but i have enough jackets. I looked at the merino cycle jersey but it seemed a bit thin and might loose its shape after a few washes.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Got any poundshops near you? Keep checking them, they sometimes do flashing armbands for a quid each.
Got flashing velcro pet collars from the pound shop: they do me as trouser clips :thumbsup:
:blush: Hmmmm, I got my days mixed up and went in today as it was near the dentists (after my appointment there).
However, I came out with a pair of fishing gloves that I am now sewing some Scotch retro-reflective tape onto.
Using a pair of Aldi's fishing trousers as waterproofs ^_^

Went today (Sunday) still bits there in Swansea
Got shoes, socks & Gloves.
Tested the gloves in the rain on the way into work tonite, warm & water proof not bad for a fiver

Maz

Guru
Does the cycling stuff tend to get removed from sale to make space for the next offer?
Just wondering if the bike stuff will still be around later this week.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Does the cycling stuff tend to get removed from sale to make space for the next offer?
Just wondering if the bike stuff will still be around later this week.

From my experience of the branch near NT, stuff just lingers until it's sold so you might be ok, assuming it hasn't sold out already. We went to the York branch on Saturday to see if there were any more micro-lights, and they were all gone, but NT's going to look again at home, where there are fewer cyclists. (he got me a couple of pairs, but I told a colleague who fancied some and wasn't able to get to the local branch).

Maz

Guru
From my experience of the branch near NT, stuff just lingers until it's sold so you might be ok, assuming it hasn't sold out already. We went to the York branch on Saturday to see if there were any more micro-lights, and they were all gone, but NT's going to look again at home, where there are fewer cyclists. (he got me a couple of pairs, but I told a colleague who fancied some and wasn't able to get to the local branch).
Thanks. I went to my local Aldi and couldnt find a pair of winter trousers in size L. I was going to try another branch (hopefully, with less cyclist foot-fall) and see if they have any there.

SS Retro

Tried my aldi cycling gear (winter jersey and trousers today) on a damp ride round Coniston Water the zipped pockets on the jersey a fiddle to get into on the move but in the autumnal condition's and odd light shower it performed well, quite happy.

Top Bottom