Aldi cycling sale started today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark trek29er

Regular
hi as I am new to cycling I saw that aldi had started there cycling sale today so I bought some bib shorts and a gas pump. Is there stuff any good ? I thought that if it last for a few rides then I will get some decent gear later.

13 rider

Guru
Nothing wrong with Aldi stuff it's not cheap rubbish it's good value . I starting cycling in Sept 2014 bought some Aldi gear and I'm still wearing it today bit worn but still perfectly wearable .

migrantwing

Veteran
As above. Nothing wrong with the stuff. Sometimes sizing can be a bit off but, for the most part, it is decent gear. I'm sure we'd all love to be able to spend 100's of pounds on the top cycling gear, as some do, but I'd rather ruin an ALDI cycling top and bibs that cost £40 in total than a few hundred quid's worth of Rapha stuff in the unlucky event of an off.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As above, Aldi stuff is decent and good value, not tat.

The full finger gloves are just the job for spring and autumn.

I'm not quite so keen on some of the tools.

Stevec047

Über Member
I have a mix of aldi and lidl bits shorts are not bad padding could be a little thicker but overall good quality gear for the price. In fact I just bought myself one of the gilet today £10 will do the job keeping the cold off my chest and a bit of weather proofing.

The best part about my purchase was trying on an xl which is what my jersey is and is now a little large but fine. Finding it to baggy and then trying a l which fits like a glove tight but not restictive at all.

Alberto Balsam

In my experience, the Crane finger-less gloves have bee a bit lacking as the stitching has come loose / undone in the finger 'webs'.
In fairness though; the other bits and bats I've had have been fine...

Top Bottom