Aldi gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archeress

Veteran
[QUOTE 2536761, member: 45"]Woohoo![/quote]

Got 2 pair of the shorts style... now out at limpley stoke with the bikes and Mr Archeress. Let me know how you'd like to get them from me...

Hugs
Archeress x

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Popped over to the Norwich Aldi this morning and loaded up the car (V small car and full of our dogs en route to Mousehold) with a Bike Rack & a work stand do dah. We got there as it was opening and there were a fair few people getting the same items as I was so they are possibly out of them now.

Bike rack is now on the back of the car and the bike stand is in the hall downstairs.
For just a tad under £50 for the pair I am very chuffed

boybiker

Guru
I managed to get a stand but I was there at 10am when they opened as I missed out last time! The glasses are good for £3 but lidil has cheaper socks which are just as good :thumbsup:

Tommy2

Über Member
Just got back and put the bike stand together, it is a lot sturdier than I thought it would be, and for the few things I do it will hopefully last a very long time.
There were about 6 left when I got there at 3ish to the one in Meanwood.

I was tempted by the bike rack but am paranoid about them as it is, couldn't bear the thought if not securing it properly and seeing my bike cause a pile up behind.

Just got back and put the bike stand together, it is a lot sturdier than I thought it would be, and for the few things I do it will hopefully last a very long time.
There were about 6 left when I got there at 3ish to the one in Meanwood.

I was tempted by the bike rack but am paranoid about them as it is, couldn't bear the thought if not securing it properly and seeing my bike cause a pile up behind.
Us Yorkshire folk are known for being canny with money, but I would have thought this to much of a bargain maybe there waiting for the Lidl one with quick release, but only 4 legs.

Trickedem

Guru
Got myself a pair of the rainlegalikes Half the price of rainlegs at £9.99, they seem pretty good.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I bought the commuting jacket, two pairs of glasses and the rear pannier rack.

The rack is excellent, with a wee pair of lugs on the near side for fitting a pump. Best of all is that I can now fit my rear dynamo light as it has the correct mounting plate for that.

The jacket hasn't got as much venting as I'd like so might be a bit of a boil in the bag job, I'll just have to try it and see. Nonetheless, it's a decent bit of kit for under £20.

GC

Tommy2

Über Member
I did get a pannier rack (to go with the pannier bags from last months sale) never fitted any before, now I can ditch the rucksack and also carry a pump and tubes as I've been risking it without for the past few weeks.

Archeress

Veteran
Just back from a trip to the Kennet and Avon Canal having taken the bikes there on the new Aldi carrier. Included some motorway driving, bikes all safe and sound.

Hugs
Archeress x

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I picked up a workstand from the Cambridge branch this morning. I got there early and stood behind a pillar at the door as it was in the shade. All as I can say is it is a good job I'm a nice man, if I wasn't I'd have battered the 3 people who pushed through the door before me......:boxing:
Workstand seems good for the money.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Has anybody managed to mount the Wireless.computer onto a stem or top tube yet? I mean instead of handlebars. I tried pushing down the little plastic catch to turn the fitting the other way but not sure if its designed to.be fitted that way?

Top Bottom