Aldi Inflator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_20171004_164723.jpg
Hi all, picked this Inflator and a pack of cartridges up yesterday at Britain's favourite supermarket. I've not tried it yet but it looks like a good bit of kit for an emergency, doesn't take up a lot of room in the saddlebag either. Anyone else used one of these.

pawl

Legendary Member
View attachment 376904 Hi all, picked this Inflator and a pack of cartridges up yesterday at Britain's favourite supermarket. I've not tried it yet but it looks like a good bit of kit for an emergency, doesn't take up a lot of room in the saddlebag either. Anyone else used one of these.

Bought this.
Unable to pierce the co2 canister.On examination does appear that there’s no means of piercing the canister.
Obviously defective.

View attachment 376904 Hi all, picked this Inflator and a pack of cartridges up yesterday at Britain's favourite supermarket. I've not tried it yet but it looks like a good bit of kit for an emergency, doesn't take up a lot of room in the saddlebag either. Anyone else used one of these.
I have one, it's very good, just remember not to screw it on to the valve too tight if you have to use it, if you do, and you have 2 piece valves, the core will likely unscrew as you try to remove it. You only need to screw it down far enough to form a good seal.

pawl

Legendary Member
When you screw in the red knob it'll probably have a point that pierces the cartridge.

Tried that.Dug my old brass inflator out of my trash bin.Works perfectly. Bought this one as it is lighter and fits in my tool pack Thanks for your replies

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The red knob is just a control screw, make sure you close it before you screw in the CO2 cannister at the other end. Screwing it in will break the seal if it doesnt its pin is broke/missing.
View attachment 376952

And if you're going to use it like in that photo (with bare skin touching the metal canister), you'll probably want to wear gloves. :ohmy:

gazza1286

I have an identical nozzle. There is a small grub screw which holds the brass fitting onto the body. This worked loose and fell out whilst in my saddle bag rendering the inflator useless at the critical moment! Luckily another rider had a spare. I found the grub screw later and reassembled. Works great. But I'd advise using some thread lock....

Top Bottom