1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aldi Inflator

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by Innes, 4 Oct 2017.

1. IMG_20171004_164723.jpg Hi all, picked this Inflator and a pack of cartridges up yesterday at Britain's favourite supermarket. I've not tried it yet but it looks like a good bit of kit for an emergency, doesn't take up a lot of room in the saddlebag either. Anyone else used one of these.

2. pawl

pawl Veteran

Bought this.
    Unable to pierce the co2 canister.On examination does appear that there’s no means of piercing the canister.
    Obviously defective.

3. cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

Not impressed with the arm warmers the reflective bit is not breathable and not insulated, went from holding sweat to cold last night .

4. Hacienda71

Hacienda71 Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

The canister will be pierced when you screw on the inflator. If you pierce the canister all of the co2 will be released....

HLaB, raleighnut and Innes like this.
  5. I have one, it's very good, just remember not to screw it on to the valve too tight if you have to use it, if you do, and you have 2 piece valves, the core will likely unscrew as you try to remove it. You only need to screw it down far enough to form a good seal.

Innes likes this.
  6. Spiderweb

Spiderweb Über Member

I have one too, excellent bit of kit.

7. pawl

pawl Veteran

That’s what I did,but there is nothing in side the head to pierce the canister.

Obviously a defective one

8. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

When you screw in the red knob it'll probably have a point that pierces the cartridge.

9. pawl

pawl Veteran

Tried that.Dug my old brass inflator out of my trash bin.Works perfectly. Bought this one as it is lighter and fits in my tool pack Thanks for your replies

10. The red knob is just a control screw, make sure you close it before you screw in the CO2 cannister at the other end. Screwing it in will break the seal if it doesnt its pin is broke/missing.
    CO2.JPG

11. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

And if you're going to use it like in that photo (with bare skin touching the metal canister), you'll probably want to wear gloves. :ohmy:

raleighnut, mjr and HLaB like this.
  12. gazza1286

gazza1286 Active Member

I have an identical nozzle. There is a small grub screw which holds the brass fitting onto the body. This worked loose and fell out whilst in my saddle bag rendering the inflator useless at the critical moment! Luckily another rider had a spare. I found the grub screw later and reassembled. Works great. But I'd advise using some thread lock....

13. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Blimey how small are your arms? I thought that was just a sleeve for the gas cartridge. ;)

cyberknight and Milkfloat like this.
  14. cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

I did look at the inflator but i have 2 already so i thought i dont really need one as well as about 4 pumps and 2 track pumps