aldi pro cycling bibs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damj

My local aldi has a large stock of sale female bib and tights, the male equivalent long gone, fairly temped at just over a tenner£ any men out there bought these. large seems the same as a male medium but would leg length (I'm 5'11) or the design be much different? Cheers

13 rider

Guru
I have the medium I'm six foot and a 32 waist and they are tight on me could probably done with a large to be honest sizing seems on the smaller size well worth a tenner

vickster

Legendary Member
Normally the pad shape is different on men's vs women's shorts. Something to consider even if a seeming bargain if you value genital comfort

OP
OP
damj

damj

Normally the pad shape is different on men's vs women's shorts. Something to consider even if a seeming bargain if you value genital comfort

Yes hadn't really thought this through - thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
damj

damj

I think they will be o.k for general short rides and commutes, but if your wanting to do serious miles and training then you need to get tights with a pad for men. I've got a pair of mens bib tights for the winter and they are o.k but the womens ones I have fit better around the bottom. If your on a budget then winter running tights are often cheaper and you can wear these over a pair of summer shorts, if you have them that is.
Or look on Ebay, you can get a pair of mens thermal bibs for £20.00 .

Thanks good point was being impulsive, bound to regret later been looking through ebay as you suggested. Cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
There are some good deals out there if you google, buy cheap buy twice. Decathlon at budget end but their better ranges get good reviews

Julia9054

Guru
My local aldi has a large stock of sale female bib and tights, the male equivalent long gone, fairly temped at just over a tenner£ any men out there bought these. large seems the same as a male medium but would leg length (I'm 5'11) or the design be much different? Cheers
I bought these in size small (tho I am a laydee!). Great for the price but found them a little tight around the calf and surprisingly short in the leg - not a problem that at only 5'3 1/2 I usually encounter!

gbb

Legendary Member
I bought these in size smalll (tho I am a laydee!). Great for the price but found them a little tight around the calf and surprisingly short in the leg - not a problem that at only 5'3 1/2 I usually encounter!
As a fella who brought Aldi bibs some time ago, I found them far too short Inthe leg, so much so they're sat in my cupboard virtually unused. They fit well on every other respect...shame really.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I bought a pair Pro Bib tights from last season for £6 back in spring however the pad in them is in the wrong place IMO in fact wondered if they were women's but it is marked up as male ?? Very strange fit indeed toyed with the idea of wearing shorts over the top hence kept a hold of them....

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
In fact I don't think I would bother with any of their clothing better bargains to be had online on branded stuff that fit better.

Top Bottom