Aldi spirits........anyone drink them??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We got a voucher that gives us £15.00 off a £75.00 spend at Aldi so (as its the season) we thought of getting some of the better/finer spirits on offer.
We drink the Aldi bog standard whisky as its fine with mixers and we drink the Aldi Cognac which is excellent for the price.
Has anyone tried some of the more expensive whisky/brandy/cognac/ etc?? and got opinions??

Trickedem

Guru
We drink their London Gin. It is excellent and has won awards.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Don't know about the spirits, but at a wine tasting doo I was at on Thursday, the leader of the session was saying forget the rest and get your wine from Lidl and Aldi apparently... might give it a try myself.

ayceejay

Guru
The cheapest place to buy spirits around here is on the reservation, it comes in one litre plastic bottles and three glasses will give you a three day hangover.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I went to a friend's 'blind' wine tasting evening...cover up labels, drink a bit of each, vote on the best, details only shared once the vote has been cast and announced.
My offering for the evening (a £5ish bottle from Lidl) was voted the best out of 7 wines that people brought along...some considerably more expensive than what I brought along :thumbsup:

I did it to prove a point (about wine snobbery) and I made my point very well indeed :smile:

andabby

Über Member
Not drank much of Aldis spirits, but have a Lidl across the road, that we call the extended cellar, and their stuff is fine

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My wine cellar is full at the moment so no need for any extra booze here at the moment, thanks.

I'd check my cellar for stock but as it takes a couple of hours to walk past all of the racks, I'll leave it until I've had my post prandial nap.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
while reading this thread, I've said to me woman "you know that Irish cream in aldi, I said don't buy, well I've just read on CC it has won an award, maybe we should have got a bottle" she replied "I got one yesterday do you want a glass"....
so I type this one fingered while sipping a drop of ballycastle Irish cream and it is very very nice, very creamy tasting, probably one of the best I've tasted....

Well i'm going to have a pint of it later!:cheers:

Top Bottom