Aldi spirits........anyone drink them??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Their vodka is fine. We have used it for a few years for making blackberry vodka and it comes up very well. Their gin is excellent, as is their Advocat. I meant to get some of their own brand Baileys today but they had sold out. I'm not surprised as its very moreish. We put it on christmas pud :hungry:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
T... their own brand Baileys ...We put it on christmas pud :hungry:
So wrong, but yet so right :smile:

PK99

Legendary Member
I went to a friend's 'blind' wine tasting evening...cover up labels, drink a bit of each, vote on the best, details only shared once the vote has been cast and announced.
My offering for the evening (a £5ish bottle from Lidl) was voted the best out of 7 wines that people brought along...some considerably more expensive than what I brought along :thumbsup:

I did it to prove a point (about wine snobbery) and I made my point very well indeed :smile:

Not sure what you think you proved. Put a novice cyclist on a tt bike and a hardcore racing bike and a hybrid commuter and they will prefer the hybrid.

Most novice wine drinkers will normally prefer a basic quaffer (fruity, low tanin, low acid) tasted
without food to a wine designed to go with food. (Complex, and often tanic and acidic).

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A budget £4.29 Irish Cream Liqueur from Aldi has scooped the top award at an internationally renowned drinks competition, alongside products more than triple its price!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...its-Business-Liqueur-Masters-2014-awards.html
I'm going to buy a bottle of this later and slurp it tonight. it's cheaper than buying two pints down the local pub served up by old Demdike!

We drink this fairly regularly and indeed it is a knockout product at the price.

It is not as smooth or as creamy as Baileys but the difference is more than acceptable at about a third/quarter of the price.

Doesn't last very long in our house.

Mattonsea

Über Member
My wine cellar is full at the moment so no need for any extra booze here at the moment, thanks.
Wine-Bottle-Cellar-4.jpg

Looks a tad empty at the moment !

Top Bottom