Aldi Sun 10 Apr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
MTB orientated offers

https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/dates/sunday-10th-april/c/2016-04-10

Bike Cover 2.99
Bike Stand 24.99
CREE BIke Lights 39.99
Foot pump 5.49
Mens MTB Hoody 12.99
Mens MTB Shorts12.99
Mens MTB T Shirt 7.99
Mens MTB Top 7.99
MTB Gloves - 4 types 6.99
MTB Shoes 19.99
MTB Socks 2.49
Muc off lube and shine / chain and gear degreaser /chain oil / cleaner 3.99 each
Mudguards, quick release 2.99

All available on line (free postage still offered at the time of posting this message)

OP
OP
Mike_P

Mike_P

Guru
Obviously a lot of on line sales because when I looked yesterday lunchtime there was a Garmin listed but it had disappeared when I got round to posting the above message.

The offer is, according to the leaflet, on the Garmin Edge 25 and there were plenty of these in the Wolverhampton (Goodyear) branch an hour ago. I bought some of the clip on mudguards as I seem to need to scatter these round the countryside as they will not clip well to a Fizik saddle. I like the chain cleaner so I got a couple of those as well. The lube seems to be irresistible to mice and they eat the tubes in my shed. When I pick it up to use it it has leaked out. The shoes are heavy and clumsy, but they are MTB, I suppose.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
QUOTE="Pale Rider, post: 4232408, member: 24609"]Similar looking, but much cheaper, Cree lights on ebay.

Whatever price you pay, I don't think they are very suitable for road use.

Too bright, and as it's just a torch with a bike mount, there is no beam pattern.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5200LM-4-...992142?hash=item338aeb0cce:g:M4wAAOSwGotWlKee
Cheers, idbe using them on local trails at a evening[/QUOTE]]

A mate of mine reckons Cree lights are not bright enough for hacking along trails at dead of night.

But he is a bit of an extreme rider who more or less wants portable sunlight for his night rides.

All the Cree lights are famously unreliable - cheap Chinese manufacturing at its worst.

Not that I'm trying to put you off.

You could do worse than buy two sets from the link which will help you keep one operational for longer.

The shoes are heavy and clumsy, but they are MTB, I suppose.

I'd be wary of those shoes. In my opinion they have a design fault. I bought the last version and although the sole has changed a bit it is essentially the same system and flawed if you want to use the shoes without cleats - ie: as a firm soled touring/around town shoe. On the best shoes you would have a complete sole and there would be a guide-line for a bit of serious stanley knife work to free the hole for the cleats. These shoes have a big hole manufactured into them and then an insert screwed in. Yes some decent shoes use a similar system (the idea being that you can flip back and forth between clipped and non clipped) but the Aldi insert doesn't fit well/is not screwed down properly and is not really flush. Mine lost the flat sole insert by, I think, catching on, of all things, my pedals. Yes, the design is that poor.

An exceptionally kind person from another forum sent me two spare screw-in bits but by then the sole on mine had degraded/lost a bit of material because of the extra strain. I need to try to sort a repair with shoegunk or something. They are comfortable but as I say I think the design/quality needs sorting.

If you do buy them and intend to use them without cleats I would strongly advise unscrewing that insert, laying down a healthy amount of quality strong glue, and then screwing the insert back down on top.

Blurb

Über Member
Interesting, I have a pair of the bargain carnac (planetx) shoes from a while back that I use on flat pedals and I just removed the insert and filled the hole with some silicone to seal it. Been working fine for many 1000's of miles. I'll approach my Aldi pair cautiously, thanks.

Top Bottom