Aldi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
Think they stop making them before I started to really get into cycling TBH

I bought my last pair last year off Ebay for £12.99, at the moment my first pair are in tatters but I refuse to replace them as they are that good, I've almost had 3 years out of them so hopefully my spare pairs should last another 6 years or more when these ones drop off my hands. There are a couple of pairs of the shorter black ones on Ebay but I do not know what they are like, the palms look the same and the backs are Spandex so they may be just a shorter version. Looking around I cannot see what Nike replaced the ones I have with as they had long, grey, spandex backs/cuffs and they were the ones Armstrong wore for time trials.

There that comfortable and stretchy that you can easily put two fingers through one hole and not notice unless you notice it by chance.

zizou

Veteran
the Nike cycling gear was made by Giordana so they may have similar glove on sale

Munchkin100

Popped into Aldi on the off chance they would have something left worth buying... a few bits and bobs .... bought the pink soft shell not sure its quite the thing but hey I will be seen, more gloves to replace last years ones that are on their last legs.... also bought the track pump... I thought at £4.99 if it was naff I wouldnt be too disappointed..... and all this whilst my bike was having its 6 week tune up at the concept shop, oh I love the guys down there they are sooooo helpful and polite :-)

Peter88

Veteran
Went to the Ashton store today picked up

Red softshell
Red jersy
Ladies jersy (for Mrs88)
computer (for Mrs88)
track pump
mini pump
compression underwear set
gloves

opticcircus

Whats the verdict on the track pump? Worth buying, or a fiver wasted?

I got on on thursday and must say it's brilliant. I was going to get the footpump they had but the track pump looked better. It's easier to inflate a tire with as well. In the picture It doesnt look like it has a pressure gauge but it does
biggrin.gif

Got some of the compression underwear it makes all the difference was embrassed to put it on at first though usually just wear normal pants and jeans
icon_redface.gif

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I could not get in until yesterday and thought that everything would of gone, but I ended up getting a short sleeved jersey for me and the Mrs, and also a showerproof thin jacket each. The shower proof jackets look pretty good, well better than my £9.99 Decathlon one anyway. Just have to see how it performs in the rain as the Decathlon one is pretty good at keeping the rain out but I sweat quite a lot in it. The jerseys look pretty good to me anyway. Certainly as good as cheaper end bigger branded stuff that I own.

chugsy

Got the softshell jacket which isn't a patch on my Aldi winter s/s... all baggy around the midrift. No biggie as I have a tyre of fat round there anyway :sad:

Back pockets a little shallow and the zipper will only take keys and wallet at a push.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I had to do the same thing, The large fitted my body but were so tight it stop the blood circulation in my arms, go to and XL to get my arms in and baggy midrift.

What is it with cycle clothing and really skinny arms? Can non of you curl 25kg?

Bought the SS jacket which fits pretty well (and i can curl 25kg :biggrin: ), but i take the point that the arms are a little skinny.

the cuffs are just short of the top of the fingerless gloves and i dont think i have long arms, but on a summer jacket, i dont really see that as an issue.

Pockets are a little small and the open topped ones are a little baggy but overall, i dont think its a bad buy for 14.99, as long as the zip holds up and it is 'waterproof' as stated. pretty good wind protection and warm enough for spring evenings.

bougth the shorts too which dont seem too bad for the money. if they last as long as the last pair, i will be happy.

:thumbsup: from me on the cheap clothing front

Top Bottom