Aldi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Got me three pairs of gloves, there great been using them for the last three years, would still be using some of my original ones but my dog chewed two pairs up. Two short sleeve jerseys, excellent value for 8 squid.

I much prefer aldi cycling kit, to lidls, last time I got anything from lidl, I had to take the jerseys back all two I had were damaged, with pulls and rips. I don't rate there stuff.

I do wish aldi would sell the bib shorts again, I bougt some two maybe three years ago, i wore them today comutting.

Wardy

Got a pair of Aldi shorts today. Absolute crap. Uncomfortable, ill-fitting and badly made. I guess you get what you pay for.

Chutzpah

Über Member
We needed some lemons for dinner tonight, so I made my excuses to drive 20 minutes the nearest Aldi. Dangerous.

I came out with:

Two shirts
Gloves
Shorts
Soft shell jacket
Two lots of socks
Lightweight jacket

Oh, and some lemons.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I like the look of the soft shell as something to wear over a regular jersey in this coolish weather when my Speg winter jersey is too much.

I will hopefully pick up some gloves and socks and maybe something else if I need it when I go there tomorrow.

zacklaws

Guru
I got myself a soft shell jacket, I bought one a couple of years ago and could not fault it, and apart for the reflective bits on it, I can see no difference. I have a 44 chest and 6' 1" and bought the large which is for a 42 - 44 chest and is a perfect fit, nice and tight and no flappy bits anywhere. The back length is perfect not too long to get caught on the back of the saddle when you stand to pedal and the jacket is weighted down with food etc

I suppose the sleeves could be short if you wear normal track mitts, but I use Nike Tempo mitts with a long spandex back which cover the wrists so they overlap perfect.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I got myself a soft shell jacket, I bought one a couple of years ago and could not fault it, and apart for the reflective bits on it, I can see no difference. I have a 44 chest and 6' 1" and bought the large which is for a 42 - 44 chest and is a perfect fit, nice and tight and no flappy bits anywhere. The back length is perfect not too long to get caught on the back of the saddle when you stand to pedal and the jacket is weighted down with food etc

I suppose the sleeves could be short if you wear normal track mitts, but I use Nike Tempo mitts with a long spandex back which cover the wrists so they overlap perfect.

Thats a good point, tho having long arms myself, they didnt seem overly bad vs most cycling stuff I have (Inc my Altura Niht Vision Evo)

zacklaws

Guru
Thats a good point, tho having long arms myself, they didnt seem overly bad vs most cycling stuff I have (Inc my Altura Niht Vision Evo)

I'd have thought that yourself would have a pair of Nike Tempo gloves with being a Lance Armstrong fan, I saw them first advertised as used by Armstrong and checked the validity of the claim so I thought I would buy some and found them to be the best gloves I have ever worn. There that good I bought another two pairs, but sadly you cannot get them now apart for the shorter black track mitt he uses.

The problem with the jersey is, that it is such a tight fit the sleeves pull up when you stretch forward and do not go back down again, so with normal mitts there would be a small gap which may not be good on a coolish day

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Been out in the shorts, top and gloves for the first this am. My first time in "proper" gear. Made a huge difference to how long I could hack in the saddle. Excellent.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Been out in the shorts, top and gloves for the first this am. My first time in "proper" gear. Made a huge difference to how long I could hack in the saddle. Excellent.

Agreed - it's not the highest quality or the height of fashion but Aldi stuff is cheap enough so that you can find out what works for you and then you know what it's worth spending your money on in future.

400bhp

Guru
Couple of pairs of gloves. No idea why I needed two, but hey ho. They're pretty decent for the price. We'll have to see how long they last...

I bought a pair last summer. They are comfortable but the gel wore down, perhaps after 2k miles?

Hence why I have bought 4-they are cheap enough to do the job and am not worried about losing them etc. I bought an oversisze pair (XL) so I can wear them over a pair of thin gloves for the autumn/colder days.:smile:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'd have thought that yourself would have a pair of Nike Tempo gloves with being a Lance Armstrong fan, I saw them first advertised as used by Armstrong and checked the validity of the claim so I thought I would buy some and found them to be the best gloves I have ever worn. There that good I bought another two pairs, but sadly you cannot get them now apart for the shorter black track mitt he uses.

The problem with the jersey is, that it is such a tight fit the sleeves pull up when you stretch forward and do not go back down again, so with normal mitts there would be a small gap which may not be good on a coolish day

Think they stop making them before I started to really get into cycling TBH

Top Bottom