Alert Dahon owners: Great news re: parts

Discussion in 'Tandem and Other Bikes' started by Andy 71, 16 May 2010.

1. Andy 71

Andy 71 New Member

Dear all,

Like many Dahon owners, I have to up to now considered myself 'up the creek without a paddle' when it comes to sourcing Dahon parts.

Well, we need fear no longer - our misery is at an end.

Previously, Fisher Outdoor were the sole importer/distributor and they were....well....to put it VERY politely, not as focussed on the Dahon side of their business as they were with other things. I and my LBS found it very difficult to get any information out of them, let alone parts.

Well, a firm called C.H.White (Malmesbury, Wilts) have come to the rescue. They have done a deal with Fisher and purchased their entire stock of Dahon parts. These can be ordered online at:

http://www.dahonspares.co.uk

This site has virtually everything you will need.

I ordered some parts the other day and the service was v.quick and efficient. Got my stuff inside 2 working days.

Please note that this is not a shameless plug for C.H.White - I have no connection with them. It's just that I am elated, having just been able to rebuild my folder after trying to get spares for over 2 years.

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

Good stuff, looks great! Unfortunately about 12 months too late for me, sold my Cadenza as a repair job when the hinge wore out. Thanks for the info, will bookmark in case i ever take the plunge again.

3. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I wanted an Arclite rack for my trike (needed something for a 20" wheel). Had trouble getting one. Decided I could do without rack and create custom homemade luggage.

Now I can get a rack! But I've made my luggage!

I'm torn... Do I get a rack and change plans? (it'll need some bodging on anyway) Or not. Or get a rack and save it for later... Very cheap.... But I do have an expensive two weeks away coming up...

I suppose, my luggage wouldn't cope with camping kit, I really would need a rack for that....

Oh hell, that's another £20 spent...

4. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Ok, I've ordered a rack. I won;t be fitting it for this trip, but it's worth having for the future....

So, thanks for the tip <through gritted teeth> And thanks, properly:smile:

Mind you, the website is a bit rough...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice