Alex Higgins .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
That's bollocks, he's probably still on the booze and fags diet. If he wants to put on weight all he needs is a liquidiser and some cream cakes!

mangaman

simonali said:
That's bollocks, he's probably still on the booze and fags diet. If he wants to put on weight all he needs is a liquidiser and some cream cakes!

A bit harsh mate - he has throat cancer and therefore can't swallow normally.

Undoudtedley drinking and smoking contibuted to the cancer, but I don't know if he stll drinks or smokes? Do you?

Would you post the same thing about a relative of yours with throat cancer?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm surprised he's made it to 61 he's been hellbent on self destruction for so many years. I bumped into him in an elevator in a hotel in Belfast a few years back. He was very small and wizened then but nothing like as bad as those pictures. He was also adorned with more lucky charms than I've ever seen on one human being:biggrin:

toekneep

The cause is irrelevant in my opinion, it's still sad to see somebody in such a state. My brother in law has just started his treatment for throat cancer and he is suffering horribly.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
simonali said:

A fantastic five star display of ignorance on all fronts.

toekneep said:
The cause is irrelevant in my opinion, it's still sad to see somebody in such a state. My brother in law has just started his treatment for throat cancer and he is suffering horribly.

All strength to your brother toekneep. The pictures serve to illustrate history, memory and contrasting fortunes. We are sometimes strong, but always vunerable. It's sad to see.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Poor bloke. I'm surprised to see that they have to do a fundraiser to get 20k for his teeth implants as there is so much money swilling around snooker and amongst his former colleagues.

Debian

simonali said:

Please don't be such a tosser! :smile:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Christ that is awful. I remember my Dad won a competition to play Alex and he was a really nice bloke (he let my Dad win anyway).

Billloudon

Don't care who or what he is or did! I wish you a speedy recovery or a peaceful end if that is the prognosis.
We will all go some day and I for one would wish folk to forgive all the faults I had!
Sorry to be so serious and morbid.

Debian

Billloudon said:
Don't care who or what he is or did! I wish you a speedy recovery or a peaceful end if that is the prognosis.
We will all go some day and I for one would wish folk to forgive all the faults I had!
Sorry to be so serious and morbid.

+1

tyred

Legendary Member
The cause is irrelevent. Death comes to everyone no matter how healthy the lifestyle you think you have.

Well, I'm about a year younger than Higgins. I look at the photos of him, and I think a lot of thoughts. And memories - lots of them. Some of them are memories I would rather not awaken - but they're there all the same. Like that good-natured and genial family friend I knew as a kindly 'uncle' when I was a small child. I remembered how that person looked, in his prime. I also remembered how he looked the last time I saw him (he was dying of stomach cancer - aged mid 60s).

Perhaps when Higgins passes on - as he will surely, and probably sooner rather than later - people will remember him for his good times - his genius and brilliance at the table. Not these sad images.

ChrisKH

Guru
661-Pete said:
Well, I'm about a year younger than Higgins. I look at the photos of him, and I think a lot of thoughts. And memories - lots of them. Some of them are memories I would rather not awaken - but they're there all the same. Like that good-natured and genial family friend I knew as a kindly 'uncle' when I was a small child. I remembered how that person looked, in his prime. I also remembered how he looked the last time I saw him (he was dying of stomach cancer - aged mid 60s).

Perhaps when Higgins passes on - as he will surely, and probably sooner rather than later - people will remember him for his good times - his genius and brilliance at the table. Not these sad images.

Ditto. Some memories too painful. My Dad looked just like this as he was unable to swallow (swallow reflex part of brain eaten away by Pick's disease) and he lost a shed load of weight before he passed away.

I wish him all the best.

Top Bottom