All gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Number14

Veteran
Had an early start this morning and tried to get to Aldi for 0900hr for some bib tights and a couple of jerseys. Arrived at 0902hr and there was only two jerseys and one pair of tights left, apart from the naff colours.

Must remember to check ebay tonight to see how much the £9.99 cycling gear is going for.xx(

killiekosmos

Veteran
I went to the local Aldi at 8.55. Five hardy souls outside in freezing weather. Very limited stock and no glasses. I got a yellow rain jacket for £9.99. Rest of the stuff was very similar to last autumn's sale and I've still the stuff I bought then. Also prices had gone up a bit (still cheap though)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Number14 said:
Must remember to check ebay tonight to see how much the £9.99 cycling gear is going for.:biggrin:

I was chatting to one of the people in my local Aldi, and he said that the cycling glasses had been cancelled, but might make up part of a later offer. Reading between the lines a bit lot, it seemed like there'd been some problems with supply, so there may well be more stuff coming at a later date.

My local was out of large in most of the tops (fortunately a medium did me) and still had a fair few bib tights (again, I only really looked for medium, although the legs are so short I'll be wearing them as 3/4 tights). The waterproof gear seemed to have hardly budged at all as of 11 o'clock ish.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
the bib longs are on the short side, bought two pairs of large but gonna take them back tomorrow. Might try and get the Zip fixed on my Endura`s and buy another pair of those. They are night and day better quality and fit but it does come at a price !

Tynan

Veteran
dhb longs on wiggle are £18

gill are doind short tops for £7

all night and day I'm guessing

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Well, the sunglasses were not the one's on the website. The zips have gone on the overshoes but apart from that my purchases were ok.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I thought the tops were really good for £7 - baggy, but the zipped pocket is handy, and the material seems to wick moisture away very well. On my last rainy commute day, the top + a cheap waterproof kept me quite comfortable.

Agree re: the longs - baggy at the waist and far too short in the leg. Ok worn as 3/4 with the foot loops cut out.

stephec

Legendary Member
Without trying to be too blatant, is anyone interested in these?

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4117

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom